Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: De-constructing occupied scaffolding... bug?  (Read 291 times)

blue emu

• Bay Watcher
  • GroFAZ
    • View Profile
De-constructing occupied scaffolding... bug?
« on: January 14, 2011, 05:24:35 pm »

I thought it wasn't possible to remove a construction ('d' - 'n') while a friendly creature was standing on it. Tell that to my Dwarven Liaison from Mountainhomes. You'll need to find a good spiritualist first, though.

I was de-constructing some temporary scaffolding that I had used to build my over-head Magma reservoir... part of my Orbital Defense System... and my Countess decided to help. The Dwarven Liaison was following her around, waiting to talk to her. He decided to stand on the piece of scaffolding that she was dismantling. A few moments later, he was found badly mangled in a pile of rubble, three stories below. Broken leg, broken arm, broken upper spine, and a concussion. He started crawling towards the stairs. Unfortunately, since the tower is still under construction and currently has no roof, I've temporarily placed some pretty nasty traps around the foot of the stairs. He passed out from the pain, on top of a 10-spikey-ball weapon trap.

He is no longer in pain.

... on the plus side, the weapon trap worked perfectly.
Never pet a burning dog.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: De-constructing occupied scaffolding... bug?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 05:59:08 pm »

I suspect that the check to see if a spot of floor due to be deconstructed is occupied only happens when the deconstruction job starts.  So your Countess started deconstructing the floor, and the Liaison stepped on it after she started.  She didn't interrupt the job, because deconstruction isn't interrupted by a creature in the way, unlike construction jobs.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.