Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need help with keybinding (Mac)  (Read 821 times)

collet

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Need help with keybinding (Mac)
« on: November 07, 2010, 03:46:39 pm »

Hey folks. First post.  :)

First fortress too. I can't equip my starting caravan or change their skills, because for some reason the + and - keys on my keyboard do not function as such in the game. I tried searching both the forums and the wiki with no luck. Help! How do I change them?

bcd1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with keybinding (Mac)
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 04:26:21 pm »

On a MacBook Pro, I can use them with the built in keyboard perfectly well.

Are you using a portable or a desktop. Is it an US-English keyboard or something else?

Keep in mind that plus (+) is Shift and =
This is a feature, not a bug, correct?
You're playing Dwarf Fortress.  There isn't much of a distinction.

collet

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 04:36:25 pm »

Keep in mind that plus (+) is Shift and =

:-[

Oakenshield

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 02:27:26 am »

First post and first DF here as well.

I'm using a mac laptop. I'm having the -exact- same problem as Collet. My '-' and '+' do absolutely nothing during menu operation. I have pressed 'shift =' as well. My laptop is relatively new and well maintained, but I do not know how to fix this problem and do not know enough about computers to easily manually re-assign the commands without screwing with the whole games details. (and possibly screwing around in my own computer, which I frankly can't replace because I'm not a money shrub).

I can tell just by what I've looked at that its a fun game, but unless I can do something (anything), in menus with the '-' and the '+', I obviously can't play it. Note that this problem occurs in ALL menus, not just the during-active-game menus.

Note that my computers native language and native keyboard are english and US made.

Oakenshield

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 12:17:02 am »

I fixed this issue.

The '-' and '+' keys DO NOT WORK unless they are on a number pad. The ones between 0 and DEL button do NOT FUNCTION in this regard.

Pres the escape key then in the options menu go to key binding. There, assign the '-' and '+' menu commands to the '[' and ']' buttons. Worked perfectly after that.