Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Inkedpages the shipwreck  (Read 623 times)

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
Inkedpages the shipwreck
« on: January 10, 2011, 12:13:08 pm »

This is a fortress game, you can take a dwarf and request actions.

"Bustwrings" Record Keeper for the Dwarvencraft ship "Inkedpages", Entry 1.
"It has been ten days since our ship crashed upon the basalt boulder and red sand shore of the Isle of Ownership, what grog we had on the ship we were lucky to get about half, maybe 40 or 60 barrels of Whip's Standard, and some lungfish eggs and warthog meat from the local wilds to add to some hullcaps and mollusca we scraped off the remains of our vessel gives us enough food to last for perhaps a season, however the only weapons we were able to save were 2 boarding axes and 2 boarding hooks made of copper of all things, besides the weapons and grog we managed to save the sail, which lays in several pieces, our anchor and chain, and 3 buckets, even though our ship is destroyed our cat problem I mentioned earlier in this logbook appears to still persist onto the isle.

Entry 2.
The surroundings here are quite tropical, and besides some promising veins of hematite and native copper sticking out of the clifftop the beach is a baren rocky hell, with no signs of anything worth digging into, the seven survivors led by the former first mate, a woman by the title "Contructnation" have desided to scale the cliff in search of better prospects.

Entry 3.
Although the climb was arduous and we nearly lost my old bunkmate a man by the title "Whrillenses", we made it to the top and come to find cinnamomum, lemon, palm, and acacia trees are literal everywhere, and prickle berry bushes fill the gaps, it will make travel through the main body of the island difficult, but I've heard new that further in a man titled "Lashyear" and "Socketmansion", a woman I've had... past relations with, found some promising hematite and native copper veins in sandy loam and "Copperroom" a man I knew back in "Archking" said "Ore never comes out of soil, so there must be some rock behind it." what ever that means.

Entry 4.
May Risen smile, "Elbowcloistered" found a pool of lava near the mountaintop while fishing, and by Tobul the Gold of Steel I'd kiss him if he wasn't a man, we may just survive yet with the luck we have.

Entry 5.
Curse our luck, it is hotter then the lava, and no rain all this season, the pools of water have all dryed up and the grog is almost the same, what plants we can gather have all gone to make booze and leaves our food supplies low, and to make matters worse lungfish have been sneaking into camp to get their eggs and captured fellows back every night now, when we are all asleep, so as to not get caught, blast those crafty fish.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."