Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Weirdest food you've been offered?  (Read 4540 times)

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: Weirdest food you've been offered?
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2011, 09:10:27 pm »

I always add [EDIBLE_COOKED] to blood in my fortresses.  Might as well put those barrels of blood the humans keep bringing me to some use.

Not sure what to do with the barrel of 'liquid'.  It doesn't seem to be usable as food.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2011, 10:54:15 pm »

A few of my elephants were tamed with the butchered and prepared intestines of other elephants in the same herd. Apparently it's just as suitable as a strawberry.

Think of it this way: you're showing it what's going to happen to it if it isn't a good little elephant.

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2011, 08:30:42 am »

I am looking forward to Mc Donald's style penguin testicles deep fried in hydrogenated cottonseed oil, with bee wing sauce.
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2011, 08:52:18 am »

I always add [EDIBLE_COOKED] to blood in my fortresses.  Might as well put those barrels of blood the humans keep bringing me to some use.
Wait, you can do that? Just add the tag to "material_template_default.txt" in the raws folder?
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2011, 08:58:40 am »

Wait, you can do that? Just add the tag to "material_template_default.txt" in the raws folder?
Yep, just open material_template_default.txt, go to the entry for [MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD_TEMPLATE], and add the line [EDIBLE_COOKED] somewhere near the end.  You can now use blood as a liquid ingredient in prepared meals, with the same restrictions as other cookable liquids like syrup or booze.  Sadly, adding [EDIBLE_COOKED] to [MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_TEMPLATE] doesn't allow you to make minced gneiss biscuits, so there's something hard-coded in what materials can be considered edible.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Virodhi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2011, 05:03:36 pm »

Yep, just open material_template_default.txt, go to the entry for [MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD_TEMPLATE], and add the line [EDIBLE_COOKED] somewhere near the end.  You can now use blood as a liquid ingredient in prepared meals, with the same restrictions as other cookable liquids like syrup or booze.  Sadly, adding [EDIBLE_COOKED] to [MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_TEMPLATE] doesn't allow you to make minced gneiss biscuits, so there's something hard-coded in what materials can be considered edible.

That? Is awesome, and will be put to the test asap. Blood sausages ahoy! Well, probably a stack of blood roast, but it's the thought that counts.

I was recently offered prepared monarch butterfly brains on embark. A meal only consumed at certain holidays, where we remember the events at Boatmurdered. Never again! ...or at least not unintentionally.
Messing around with magma for the first time.  Still haven't produced a !!dorf!!, but I've discovered the wonders of not having to worry about fuel, i.e. SMELT EVERYTHING IN SIGHT.  HEY URIST, BRING ME THAT KITTEN, LET'S SEE IF WE CAN SMELT THAT TOO.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2011, 05:06:28 pm »

May I suggest a reaction that turns stone boulders into solid globs? The boulder item type might be the problem...
Pages: 1 2 [3]