Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fishy dwarf  (Read 792 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Fishy dwarf
« on: January 09, 2011, 03:18:25 pm »

so I've got this one dwarf who was knocked unconscious  by a cloud of forgotten beast goop and now he's lying at the second z level underneath a underground sea. But here's the strange part, he isn't drowning he has multiple broken bodyparts and a damaged lung and is unconscious  but he refuses to acknowledge the fact that he's underwater. so my question is how can I retrieve him before he realizes that he shouldn't be breathing?
It's FEF, not FEOF

GrueSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fishy dwarf
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 03:34:30 pm »

I had a similar scenario with a dwarven ranger being strangled. I think that unconsciousness causes the dwarf to ignore generally life-threatening occurances. I'd suggest draining the water with either pumps or !!science!!, then treating the injuries and syndromes.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 03:36:24 pm »

how should I build the pumps so that they extend to the second layer?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Flattermann

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 03:56:53 pm »

just make a huge cave underneath it than breach it from atop so that that water will drain into the 1z level deeper cave

Ves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 03:59:03 pm »

Why not just dig out a tiny room two levels underneath the dwarf, have a hatch leading to a room above it, then dig directly up into the sea so the Dwarf falls down into the upper room. Open the hatch so the Dwarf falls through to the lower room, then close it again to stop the rest of the sea from coming in.

At least, I think that'd work.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 04:57:23 pm »

this has been rendered moot by the fact that the previous mentioned forgotten beast managed to escape to the surface and massecreing my dwarfs with it's deadly dust that causes unconsciousness, fevers,and dizzyness and the game crashed while abandoning
It's FEF, not FEOF