Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: An interesting happened at the butcher shop  (Read 1037 times)

fijkus

• Bay Watcher
  • "Reapers"
    • View Profile
An interesting happened at the butcher shop
« on: January 07, 2011, 08:15:57 pm »

Okay, so I’m playing around with different things and noticed that I have a lot of animals. No big deal, since they can make such wonderful snacks. I figured ‘Hey, I got military going. Why don’t I go ahead and figure out how to butcher animals so that I can ensure that my wonderful meat stockpile never truly goes down to zero.’

So I find that I already have about five or so donkeys that been born and are in the process of growing up. No big deal, we can keep them around and make burritos out of them when we're feeling a bit peckish. So, my butcher (who I finally have a flurgen use for) takes him for a nice walk around the fort before taking him to the shop and killing the thing. I have it qued up for processing…

And then, all of a sudden, the recently arrived McHauler family flood into the butcher shop and take everything that isn’t nailed down. I think most of it went into a food stockpile… which is strange because I’m not sure if I’ve butchered it or not. All I really know is that now I have +20 meat stuffs, and the tanner is qued up to tan a hide.

So, what just happened?

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
Re: An interesting happened at the butcher shop
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 08:19:10 pm »

It's Natural for Haulers to Haul everything that isn't nailed down into a Stockpile

Brandedahall

• Bay Watcher
  • DWARF...why you not work :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 08:20:14 pm »

your butcher murdered that poor innocent donkey foal, and made it into meat, then people ran in and collected the parts and took it to the food stockpile. the tanning of the hide, is normal too.

it should say , uristmcdonkey has died if you have given it sweet freedom
Hi guys, like my post? give me a msg

i also like critisism

[This is a pig tail fiber thong, it object menaces with spikes of pig tail fiber] D:

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 08:29:16 pm »

Tame animals explode into a smorgasbord of assorted organ meats the moment they get inside the butcher's shop. It's perfectly normal.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 08:33:35 pm »

Unlike butchering a corpse, which takes a while and is dependent on the skill of the butcher, slaughtering a live animal is instantaneous, magically turning the animal into a pile of meat the moment the animal reaches the butcher's shop.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

fijkus

• Bay Watcher
  • "Reapers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 08:40:31 pm »

your butcher murdered that poor innocent donkey foal, and made it into meat, then people ran in and collected the parts and took it to the food stockpile. the tanning of the hide, is normal too.

it should say , uristmcdonkey has died if you have given it sweet freedom

The Tame Donkey was indeed struck down.

Unlike butchering a corpse, which takes a while and is dependent on the skill of the butcher, slaughtering a live animal is instantaneous, magically turning the animal into a pile of meat the moment the animal reaches the butcher's shop.

That's what confused me. I suppose I'll still get the 10 or so bones from it, though?

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 08:46:06 pm »

That's what confused me. I suppose I'll still get the 10 or so bones from it, though?
You should get everything you'd have gotten from butchering the corpse of a wild donkey.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.