Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: McDwarfy's Happy meals  (Read 2131 times)

penco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McDwarfy's Happy meals
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 10:18:29 pm »

Ok, that's what I was looking for. I guess my dwarves will be eating cheeseflour and syrup for dinner. If they get tired of it, there's fish.

...does anyone know the value of meat?

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2011, 04:50:46 am »

Judging from this: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Value
meat has a value of 2 which would then be multiplied (i think) with the animal multiplier (x1 for common animals x5 for elephants is the highest non exotic 15x for dragon meat would be the highest).
Unless you weren't asking for the literal value, in that case my answer would be the value is that it can be aquired easily (on non evil biomes by a hunter/butcher) and that it can be eaten raw.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2011, 04:59:43 am »

i've almost never used quarry bush leaves, how large are the stacks they produce? can it possibly be better than getting 50-80 meat from butchering an elephant or a rutherer?

btw, i wonder what a rutherer really IS? the game says nothing about them except four legs and enormous tail, and i can't find any pics

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2011, 05:40:32 am »

One plant is processed to 5 leaves, if you use potash the average stack of plants will be around 7 plants (maximum 9 i think). So you can get bags with 35-45 leaves (25 with legendary grower without fertilization). That won't beat elephant meat (5 value vs quarry bush's 2) but it will mean more meals and if a dwarfs likes quarry bushes he'd get a happy thought. Dwarven syrup is another decent filler choice i you have the wood/surplus barrels).

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2011, 06:15:53 am »

Judging from this: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Value
meat has a value of 2 which would then be multiplied (i think) with the animal multiplier (x1 for common animals x5 for elephants is the highest non exotic 15x for dragon meat would be the highest).
Unless you weren't asking for the literal value, in that case my answer would be the value is that it can be aquired easily (on non evil biomes by a hunter/butcher) and that it can be eaten raw.

You're misinterpreting value. Item value and material value aren't the same thing, and when it comes to prepared meals, at least, I'm pretty sure it's just the material value that matters, which should be equal to the animal multiplier.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2011, 07:06:56 am »

Yeah it depends on whether you want the highest values per individual meal that a dwarf eats when he sits down to dine or the highest values per stack (relevant for trade). You've got answers for both now and if you want to look up more, browse the raw files to read how valueable everything is. This'll all change next version when prices start to fluctuate depending on the supply/demand relevant to each caravan.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Jurph

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Belt-fed Weaponry
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2011, 05:49:11 pm »

I created a spreadsheet to address this at http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=944 so that I could operate my fortress as a drive-thru restaurant for the caravans.  Generally you want to use Quarry Bush Leaves, Dwarven Syrup, and the highest-value meat you can find (Dragon, if that is still a creature that exists in the game).  In the spreadsheet I set up, you can look at the value that each ingredient adds to a given stack assuming that the dwarf preparing the stack is of adequate skill.

Dreambrother has my original hammer-shaped Great Hall.  Towerweak has taken the idea to the next level.
Pages: 1 [2]