Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: World Juniors  (Read 1063 times)

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
World Juniors
« on: January 03, 2011, 07:52:55 pm »

Is anyone else watching the world juniors?
Does anyone outside of Canada care about the World Juniors?
Discuss them here.
Current score is Can 1 -USA 0
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: World Juniors
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 07:54:46 pm »

No idea what you're talking about.
You darn maple leaves beating us at something probably sucks, though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 07:55:12 pm »

It's on TV right now.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 09:52:10 pm »

And Canada won 4-1.

Sucks to be American right now. The crowd (all Canadian) is singing our anthem, in Buffalo, just to say 'up yours, america.'

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 10:32:38 pm »

I don't understand what is going on here, but from what I can gather Canada won, and for that I am happy. Canadians are freeking awesome!

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 10:57:47 pm »

There are four different Canada teams.

And I just came back from watching two of them play each other in front of a crowd that absolutely refused to by snacks and refreshments from me.

Screw you, quarter full arena.

I take it World Juniors and World under Seventeen are different things.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 07:51:28 am »

Congrats, junior Canada. I was sorta keeping track of the tournament from reading the box scores the last few days, but I had absolutely no way to watch it on TV.

Was actually pulling for the Finnish team for most of the tourney.

I envy Canada for their national anthem. It's much easier to sing, and generally sounds much better, even though it does sound a bit like a church hymn.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 03:24:26 pm »

I like the American one, it sounds better, more triumphant, or something.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 04:32:57 pm »

I like the American one, it sounds better, more triumphant, or something.

Too many pitch changes. You have to have a pretty impressive range to actually hit all the notes correctly. And because of that, it leads to way too many R&B-influenced warblings a la Mariah Carey.

You don't hear people butchering O Canada like that.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 09:57:20 pm »

Dammit! Canada was up 3-0 against Russia, and then lost 5-3 after they scored FIVE F****** UNANSWERED F****** GOALS!!! THEY F***** UP BIG TIME!!!

DAMMIT!!!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2011, 10:02:38 pm »

Five F-goals, f-eh?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2011, 10:06:10 pm »

I thought such massive and unrepentant swearing should be censored, based on the fact that the lower forums are apparently in need of cleaning up, and forumites are getting banned more easily.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2011, 10:06:25 pm »

Dammit! Canada was up 3-0 against Russia, and then lost 5-3 after they scored FIVE F****** UNANSWERED F****** GOALS!!! THEY F***** UP BIG TIME!!!

DAMMIT!!!
This had better have been followed by the Russian national anthem, upstaging the North American anthems.
 Our only hope is that somehow Mexico somehow gets involved in whatever this is, and comes up with a more Latin flame anthem in the meantime.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2011, 10:46:29 pm »

I don't want to rain on your parade, but you Canadian folk beating us is not a big deal to us. We like baseball, and we like football. Soccer, hockey, lacrosse, rugby, cricket, and polo, and everything else? We might take a passing interest on a smaller level, but football and baseball are the only sports to get the U.S. riled up.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2011, 11:12:53 pm »

I don't want to rain on your parade, but you Canadian folk beating us is not a big deal to us. We like baseball, and we like football. Soccer, hockey, lacrosse, rugby, cricket, and polo, and everything else? We might take a passing interest on a smaller level, but football and baseball are the only sports to get the U.S. riled up.
You obviously have not been to Michigan, then. hockey was like a third major sport there.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext