Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need some help killing this titan  (Read 692 times)

Excedion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Need some help killing this titan
« on: January 05, 2011, 03:47:23 am »

I need some help killing this desert titan who is pacing back and forth in my moat. He wont come out but i dont want to risk my axedwarves trying to coax him out as im just going to assume they will drown themselves. Any ideas?
If adamantine is perfectly rigid, as shown by having 0 strain at fracture in the raw files, then the speed of sound in the metal approaches the speed of light. Adamantine musical instruments would produce ultrasonic vibrations, and cut off the fingers of the musician.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
Re: Need some help killing this titan
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 03:50:07 am »

Does the titan have any dangerous ranged attack? If not, you can shoot him to death even with recruit crossbowmen
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Excedion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 03:53:57 am »

Does the titan have any dangerous ranged attack? If not, you can shoot him to death even with recruit crossbowmen

Yeah but just deadly spittle. The crossbowmen wont shoot him when i put them near the edge of the moat. hes right down at the bottom on the other side
If adamantine is perfectly rigid, as shown by having 0 strain at fracture in the raw files, then the speed of sound in the metal approaches the speed of light. Adamantine musical instruments would produce ultrasonic vibrations, and cut off the fingers of the musician.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 04:23:10 am »

Yeah but just deadly spittle. The crossbowmen wont shoot him when i put them near the edge of the moat. hes right down at the bottom on the other side

Your best bet is probably some cave in then. Considering the marksmen dont shoot, civilians wont feel threatened while constructing stuff.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Fellhuhn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 04:23:55 am »

a) Remove the water from the moat. Then shoot him.
b) Apply magma.
c) Cave-In below him

Any of those should work and ensure a high enough rate of collateral damage to be dwarfy.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 03:56:10 pm »

If the moat's 1 level deep, then it would be better to leave the water in the moat before adding magma. Let's see it survive being turned into a statue...
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Excedion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 06:24:00 pm »

Pouring magma on him has worked.going to have to dig out my moat again but thats easy. thanks for the advice

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 06:36:16 pm »

ITT: magma solves everything
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 11:36:39 pm »

Blind one of your miners so he doesn't run away when you channel a ramp for the titan to get out.