Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I forced a rediagnosis on a dwarf but it didn't work...  (Read 330 times)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
I forced a rediagnosis on a dwarf but it didn't work...
« on: January 05, 2011, 12:43:40 am »

In the early days of the fort I had some injuries, but lacking a hospital zone and being outdoors a lot the dwarves just got on with it and didn't die due to getting rained on a lot (presumably). When I set up a hospital zone, I looked over the injuries of each dwarf and found just one, with a broken toe and ear. One cave-in later, she reports to the hospital with two broken limbs. The new injuries get tended to, she wanders off, there are no dressings on the old injuries.

Do toes and ears not get treated, or did the press-ganged diagnostician simply miss the decades-old injuries?

And oh great, now the old wounds are infected. Although maybe they've been infected for a while, given that somebody's been producing the occasional pool of pus for years. Ick.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
Re: I forced a rediagnosis on a dwarf but it didn't work...
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 06:38:19 pm »

Some dwarves stubbornly refuse medical treatment.

For instance my dwarves NEVER seek help for a cracked skull. They just... live with the skull cracked.
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

ltprifti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 06:44:29 pm »

i have a related question, how do i set up my hospital?  i recently went on the offensive when ambushed and two of my soldiers are immobilized a long way away close to some enemies, i am keeping them protected, how do i heal them and get them back to the hospital zone, which i have a few beds and a traction table, nothing else.

they have lost the ability to stand due to injured feet since stupidly its the only part i didnt armor

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 06:50:15 pm »

If they have motor nerve damage (you can see this from the health screen) you might as well leave them out there. Nerves in vanilla DF do not heal. If not, maybe the Recover Wounded job is just taking a while to come through. How long has it been?

By the way, your question isn't that related except that it concerns healthcare. You'd get more answers if you made your own topic and gave it a relevant title.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.