Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: butcher stockpile  (Read 2740 times)

Guedez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
butcher stockpile
« on: January 05, 2011, 08:51:20 am »

i have a stockpile for corposes and body parts and a butcher shop, the problem is that the dorfs are filling the stockpile with things like goblin corposes that are unbutcherable... how do i stop then from putting unbutcherable things? would i need to pick every single creature that is not butcherable from the list and remove? seens like hell

qoonpooka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: butcher stockpile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 09:10:13 am »

I handled this issue by watching hunters/traps/etc, and when I saw a critter that I felt needed to be added to the stockpile for butchering, I added it then and there.  It's the same process as adding them all back one by one, but you save a TON of time by not adding the critters your map will never have, and you never spend more than a few seconds adding critters.

ltprifti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 09:11:49 am »

i always do custom stockpile, then select the corpses i want and not the ones i don't want in the settings option.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 09:28:39 am »

There is no option on stockpiles for 'only corpses I can butcher', so you have to manually deselect goblins and elves and humans and such from the refuse stockpile next to your butcher's workshop.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Guedez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 09:31:07 am »

and to make then automaticaly remove rotten or partial skeletons?

qoonpooka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 10:23:57 am »

If you mean removing partials that can't be butchered (e.g. you change the settings on a stockpile already full of goblin corpses), you'll need to manually dump the detritus or give them a stockpile which does accept goblin bits - at which point they'll merrily be hauled to their new home.

If you mean removing rotting bits that would other be butcherable, no can do.  Corpse stockpiles are by species, not status.

Guedez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 04:36:00 pm »

D:
guess i wil stick with rising livestock