Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Unforseen events  (Read 609 times)

Thundawich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Unforseen events
« on: January 02, 2011, 08:07:57 pm »

well, this isnt a real long story cause it happened a while ago and my memory of it is a tad fuzzy but here i go.

Once upon a time there was a fortress created by me when i was fairly new to the game. I had got it to work without anything breaking and had my first ever migrant wave. The fortress continued to expand until a migrant wave arrived with a small female dwarvish child. I then proceeded to put in all the workshops that i didnt have to experiment with what they could do. about half a year after the child arrived she went into a strange mood. At that time i had never seen a strange mood so i didnt know how to check what she required, only that she stood in the leatherworking place. I continued my fortress as usual when a message came up saying a dwarf had been murdered. I went to check it out and i found this blood covered child who had torn of the head of the dwarf and was now tanning his skin..... She then crafted a leather boot out of him. And got legendary tanning and leatherworking. The end

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unforseen events
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 08:12:25 pm »

Movie version based loosely on the vague recollections of real dwarves, with some poetic license taken. Any resemblence to real dwarves, both living and dead, is purely coincidental. Except for famous dwarves, which are allowed to be lampooned and characterized -- but in a good way. Please don't sue us.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 08:16:53 pm by AngleWyrm »

Thundawich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 08:18:02 pm »

exactly =)

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 09:13:28 am »

Looks like you had a fell mood. Or a melanchaly mood. A dwarf kills another dwarf and either butchers or skins it. It only happens to unhappy dwarves.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Thundawich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 11:24:53 pm »

nope, the kid was just in an artifact making mood, happy before and after