Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ok, here goes my attempt of making a legend... or thinking of starting one...  (Read 793 times)

Gr33kjester

• Bay Watcher
  • Marxism - For those who VALUE their Booze...
    • View Profile

I should really say a Legendary fort, what do you guys think?
I'll leave this up, just so you can state your opinions about this...
Thanks if you comment,
Comrade 'Joseph' Jester
This is an enscribed adamantine dwarf-leg hammer.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes OF SHEER AWESOMENESS.

qoonpooka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's really nothing to comment on.  The ambition is always good - but it may help if you have a clear idea of what it is, precisely, that you are going to do.  Do you have a role model in this legendary quest for legendariness?

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, yeah, good luck. Any plans yet?
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Gr33kjester

• Bay Watcher
  • Marxism - For those who VALUE their Booze...
    • View Profile

Like all my forts, dig into mountain SLAUGHTER have fun with elves...
But, could you guys perhaps suggest ideas?
This is an enscribed adamantine dwarf-leg hammer.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes OF SHEER AWESOMENESS.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile

Giant glass globe fish tank to keep your carp in.  Bonus points if suspended by a single glass pillar ready to be destroyed by a titan.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

MadBoat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

None of the challenge games or mega projects strike your fancy?

At some point I had a dream (literally) about how cool it would be if, instead of bombarding enemy positions with flaming boulders, you bombarded their positions with flaming Dwarven Berserkers. You could try something along those lines

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Like all my forts, dig into mountain SLAUGHTER have fun with elves...
But, could you guys perhaps suggest ideas?
Use an 8 x8 square and build a tower 100 z-levels up and 100 z-levels down. In case of caverns, wall out anything outside your 8x8. :o
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile

build an actual 50z high statue of an dwarf killing an elf (with an axe)
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Survive until population 200, and go for being a capitol.

Hoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

None of the challenge games or mega projects strike your fancy?

At some point I had a dream (literally) about how cool it would be if, instead of bombarding enemy positions with flaming boulders, you bombarded their positions with flaming Dwarven Berserkers. You could try something along those lines

Wow, i mean forget about the flaming part for now but ,and correct me if i am wrong, one could devise something like orbital shock-dwarves via station orders on bridge-a-pults and waterponds as landing zones, could one not?

i have to say that i am still completely unfamilliar with the workings of bridge-a-pults and df-mamal-aerodynamics, but the plan is this:

p

g
p      gBg       p
         g

p

where
p is your landingponds (dug where the testcats splattered)
g the bridge-a-pults
and B baracks/fortress entrance

this way you can assault enemies while keeping your civillians completely secure the whole time.
plus i hope i do not have to point out the awesomeness of turning the cliché of "throwing a dwarf" into
an insanely suicidal and unnecessarily complicated dwarfy device.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's really nothing to comment on.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku