Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 15317 times)

niltrias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gaijinninjas.com
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #150 on: January 09, 2011, 08:34:12 am »

Well I've been interested in trying this game for ages, but kept shying away because the world was already so overpopulated and I wouldn't have the chance to do much. I guess this is my chance. I've never played before, though, so I'll probably need some assistance to start. I remember trying to start the game once and being instantly confused by everything, and the introduction was completely unhelpful. Is there a newbie guide somewhere that might help?
That's a pretty good newbie guide.  Also, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me at that forum.  Name is the same.
Also, don't forget the How do I? sub-forum...although they can be pretty ruthless if you ask a question that has been answered recently or frequently.
Lastly, try starting with a friendly guy from this forum who has been playing.  A veteran player who is online with you is definitely the best form of help.
Gero! Gero! Bwahahahaha!

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 09, 2011, 08:38:47 am »

REJOICE!

FOR THE NEW WORLD IS BEING WROUGHT BY THE HANDS OF JOFTAR!

WORLD 4 IS APON US!

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 09, 2011, 09:40:16 am »

We need to get together and build build build... Go go go Bay 12'ers!
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 09, 2011, 09:54:10 am »

*comes out of hiding*

a new world ehh? Guess I'll be there again :)

I'm a little saddned that its not going to be filled with well... 'world altering' new mechanics though =(.

anyway, We'll be in touch :)

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 09, 2011, 10:07:05 am »

Yeah, the community is terrible and the mods are scum.
Because we're not bending over to accommodate people who steadfastly refuse to use the god damned search function?
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 09, 2011, 10:42:56 am »

So with the new world generated, it seems, should we go to somebody's hearth fire?

EDIT: Nevermind, I misread what someone else said...
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 10:44:59 am by OzyTheSage »

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 09, 2011, 01:33:19 pm »

will pacho's client still work in the new world, i don't see why it wouldnt, but i'm just making sure
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 09, 2011, 01:59:53 pm »

Well I can't wait personnally.  I agree with the new thread for the World 4 Town.  Hopefully we can become a bit more.... powerful?  But how about this, everyone make a character just to scout out locations and the first person to post a decent site, we will all make new characters and go join him?  Or just all spawn by one persons and figure out the town wherever we sit.
Nom nom nom

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 09, 2011, 03:06:36 pm »

Bluh.

Friend pointed out to me that H&H is gonna be resetting and it reminded me of old times... again. After taking months to get a computer that could actually play the game (well, there's no reason it shouldn't but god knows; I'm in the process of checking) I'd decided to distance myself from the game (to those who know what I'm talking about (hi, nil!), sorry for dropping out of contact, though for part of that I couldn't help it). I had a private epiphany that I really, really do hate being a 'public official' and I found it easier to let things lapse than to return and admit that (once I could). At least it seems Andoran kept ticking, somehow.

I'd like to give H&H another go and now seems to be the ideal time to do it. Hopefully I can strike a balance between hermit-style and lawspeaker-style and just be another cog in the machine this time.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 09, 2011, 07:13:38 pm »

I'm joining the Bay12 village.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 09, 2011, 07:17:05 pm »

Well why don't we assign roles now then???

I will go and search for WWWs and other needed things, upping Exploration and Survival. Later I will either raise Animals or Hunt...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 09, 2011, 07:46:42 pm »

Quick tip: Don't designate roles. Everybody do whatever they can to help out, by which I mean provide one character endless adoration. Every perception raising food you can get, get it, and stuff the person full of it. Early game on a fresh world = desperate grinding for rustroot.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 09, 2011, 07:53:11 pm »

Ya I agree with sonehri on that. We should really all do what we are best at and what we want, while pounding one character full of buffs/items/ and stat gains thus that they can find all our mines and fight off any would-be enemies.  While we build a base camp.  To that extent though, I don't want everyone just running amock and farming everyone elses plots, taking all the items, ect.  How about we have 'personal plots' while we have community food stores, item depots, and once we get www we can get some farm plots up, maybe run by two or three nature based guys.  To that extent I'm making a new thread for village discussion and planning.  Will edit here once it's made.
Nom nom nom

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 09, 2011, 07:55:21 pm »

Oh yeah I know, I meant that I was going to be one that was out grinding for Rustroot... Or something like that...
Maybe I would stay nearby camp then...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 09, 2011, 07:57:37 pm »

Ok so Azakan doesn't seem to be checking this thread, so I made one for the purposes of village discussion, and planning, it's here.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=74816.0
Let me know if you are interested in joining and I will list you for invite once world 4 starts
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]