Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Military dwarves randomly running outside  (Read 512 times)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
Military dwarves randomly running outside
« on: January 03, 2011, 05:03:26 pm »

My military dwarves have lately been just running outside for no apparent reason. I haven't set a patrol route, the squads have no orders, we aren't under siege, there are no hostile creatures anywhere near my base. I thought they might be doing it to pick up their clothing that they left outside, but that has been dealt with and they are still doing it. They have no other labors enables.

Korva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Military dwarves randomly running outside
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 06:34:31 pm »

What does their status say when they do that? Sometimes dwarves who have nothing to do like to hang out in a place they have been to recently.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 06:45:10 pm »

yes, I've noticed that as well. Most of my civilians double as military. Even when they have no job as a civilian, they tend to walk to the place they were last ordered to move to, as a soldier, before heading to a meeting area.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Namfuak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 06:45:54 pm »

I think there have been reports of dwarves trying to fight enemies that aren't there as well.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 06:47:33 pm »

Yes, I believe that happens when a kill order isn't cancelled after the target is dead?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 07:32:06 pm »

I guess they mey be going back there because that was when they recieved their last order, because all my orders were cancelled when they were finished. Also, dwarf psychiatrists... we need them.

brucemo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 07:41:02 pm »

I've noted the same bug.

A workaround is to activate the squad and tell them to "move" somewhere that isn't stupid, then deactivate them.  That way, if they do this again, they go fight invisible carp in the dining room rather than invisible goblins in the place where real goblins might be.

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 07:42:37 pm »

I guess they mey be going back there because that was when they recieved their last order, because all my orders were cancelled when they were finished. Also, dwarf psychiatrists... we need them.

Problem with that is the psychs will be dwarves as well.

My dwarves love to hang out in one spot outside the meeting hall: IN THE RIVER CANYON ON THE FROZEN RIVER IN MID SPRING.
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."