Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: dealing with prisoners  (Read 384 times)

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile
dealing with prisoners
« on: January 04, 2011, 03:40:14 pm »

how to deal with goblin prisoners? i want them dead and their stuff but my military is too weak. can i remote open cages so dorfs won't physically go let them out? i'm wondering if i release them behind massive wall of traps

Ves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: dealing with prisoners
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 03:45:53 pm »

Assuming all the cages are in a stockpile together, use mass designations to unforbid the entire stockpile, then designate the entire stockpile to be dumped. Then from the stocks menu, remove the dump designation from every cage.

All the goblin's clothing and weaponry will be hauled to the nearest garbage zone.

Uristocrat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Railgunner
    • View Profile
    • DF Wiki User Page
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 03:51:07 pm »

If you want to remotely open cages, build the cage somewhere (e.g. behind a path full of weapon traps), link it to a lever, then pull the lever.  The cage will open, the mechanism will fall out, and the prisoner will be released.
You could have berries on the rocks and the dwarves would say it was "berry gneiss."
You should die horribly for this. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

mrbaggins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 07:18:28 pm »

Once youve stripped a prisoner, they are extremely weak. Even three recruits that hav nearly no training (but a little armor or weaponry) will easily deal with him (and learn some fightin' skills!)