Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Schful Boverees (Groovegrasps) - Is fear  (Read 844 times)

MegaMartikus

• Bay Watcher
  • He is fear
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel - DF LPs!
Schful Boverees (Groovegrasps) - Is fear
« on: December 31, 2010, 09:56:11 pm »

NB: the picture isnt cut off, just go to the bottom of the post and you can skimmy it over.
Let the picture do the talking.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(All the above descriptions are pre-existing conditions.)

Now assuming you looked at the picture.. Allow me to elaborate. (THIS IS IN GENESIS MOD FYI)

It was a beautiful sunny day at the beautiful and prosperous fortress, Deerslaughter.
Alas! everyone cheered, a recent expeditionary breakthrough! Our 4 miners, (Total Fortress population 22 fyi, we were still a very young settlement.)
have found and uncovered your typical cavernousy cavern + Connected magma pool. Everything seemed great! Propspects and insight was looking good! as we had found the supply to our magma smelters and magma forges relativley quick! shortly after the exciting discovery a small miltia group (an archer<- equipped with leather armor and a bone crossbow + 30 iron bolts (Traded for), Skilled Wrestler <- equipped with... well nothing, and the commander who really only knew how to punch (Proficient striker) <- equipped with copper breastplate (traded for) and nothing else, clothes aswell of course.. :P) they were sent to secure a small area of this expansive cavern so the rest of the dwarves could safley carry on collecting many valueable minerals to a stock pile for the newly constructed magma forges and gem workshop to create goods. Well shortly into this operation and with some good amount of golden crafts and various gems created a caravan had shown up to be... traded with so with the crafts and gems i have just newly created i thought it'd be a good idea to trade them of course! and well i did just that... and i for lack of a better term, donated them. kinda frustrated with my retardation i quickly ordered my miltia (not halting the gathering of minerals from the unguarded caverns..) to go out and kill the caravan which had only one guard, well in the midst of that transmission of them heading to that direction my announcements at the bottom spammed me with several cancellations from job haulings informing me they were interrupted by a red dragon. immediatley i scrambled to my miltia who had already climbed approx. 30 zlevels of stairs to be turned around to head back down to return to the caverns to ATTEMPT to deal with the dragon problem (which may have cause a momentairy tantrum for one of the dwarves.) mean while i had started to evacuate my civilians and confounded them to the dining hall constructed ground level (about 50 zlevels above the caverns.) so once they arrived to the scene of the crime they found 1 of the miner's mutulated bodies near the entrance to the forges (which also lead to the cavern.) suddenly without warning the dragon had appeared out of the boundries apparently on a rampage, but my loyal wrestler wasnt daunted, he immediatley proceeded to grappeling the red dragons leg while crossbowman frantically pursued the beast and fired his bolts mechanically at the beast (unfortunatley i dont believe out of the 10 shots he fired at the dragon, that he even hit it once..) while my militia commander charged the dragon ferociously punching the dragon. almost immediatley the wrestley was dispatched as the dragon bit the wrestlers head and had tore his head off, remaining in its mouth. though the militia commander made progress in his punching of the dragon he managed to bruise the fat on the dragon's lower body/torso region, but he too was struck down with a similair bite to the head, with the also similair ripping off of the head. how ever managing to fire 10 whole shots the archer was un daunted and held his ground as the dragon charged his position, the dragon colliding with the archer roll together until they lay together on the ground still struggeling for the upperhand, although the archer managed to kick the dragon and bash him with the crossbow several times he found himself mauled limb by limb until both arms, and his left leg were torn off his body and he bled to death. after easily slaying the militia, i said "To hell with it." i made a ramshakle militia with the remaining 18 dwarves  and charged them down directly to meet the dragon.. little did i know 17 of them weren't nessecary. the first one on the scene, and the only one had been a very angry dwarf recently with several recent tantrums and the flooding of the work shops through the well system that was built near by, (although fixed, still reaked havoc for a while.)  was made to back up that statement, engaged the dragon ferociously, the dragon unknowing of its fate, also foolishly engaged this easily upset and unusual looking dwarven chef with 2 attempts to claw and bite the chef failed, (The chef dodged.) and in a counter strike and the last bite the dragon ever took, while it was bent down, with its head down, the dwarf jumped 10 feet in the air (ok not really... this isnt DBZ) but nonetheless, the chef introduced his heel of his boot to the dragons thick skull and with it was the skull shattering, brain tearing, artery opening, tendon severing stomp, that ended the dragons reign of terror...

And that was the night, Deerslughter, (several petitons made to rename the fortress dragonslaughter) could rest easy...

and thats how the cookie crumbles.

If you intersted in witnessing my adventures FIRST HAND (although no videos are up atm, because i failed at recording and have to restart.)
please subscribe to my channel @:
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 10:00:22 pm by MegaMartikus »
All ur fort are belong to us!!