Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: On the clothing of children  (Read 3717 times)

Finn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: On the clothing of children
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2012, 11:14:24 am »

Eh, I'm not sure a small update to their thoughts is going to be significant; even if they care a bit less, they're still naked.  I still need to make 2500 pieces of clothing for an unmodded DF game, and be able to store the duplicates long enough to pawn them off or use an item-destroying exploit.  5000+ articles of clothing, excluding armor!  Not even sure I've made that many blocks yet.

Changing the init would do the trick, I'm sure.  But I don't want to do that on this fort. 

How do others deal with this interaction?

I give my dwarves only 3 pieces of clothing; top (shirt or tunic), bottom (trousers), and feet (shoes).   I check my clothing pile each season to see that there are non-worn items available.  I sell all XclothingX anytime a caravan comes by.  I make more clothes when the pile gets low.  Dwarves seem to take about 6 seasons to wear out clothing, maybe longer.  I never see neg thoughts due to clothing, even when babies grow to be children.
I thought 'complained about the draft lately' meant they didn't have a door to their room.

slaytanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • my DFFD pack
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2012, 04:29:51 pm »

maybe toady could add pig tail fiber diapers or something. I have some pissed off naked kids running around in my fortress. I made a burrow that includes my dining room and a well, a food stockpile, a clothes stockpile, and a dormitory with a toy stockpile in the middle of it and added all the kids to it, I think I need a custom "Nanny" profession. Will the babies stay in the burrow if their mother leaves it ? Will they starve ? Do baby dwarves breastfeed ?
So let me get this straight....We are talking monkeys living on a dirt ball that circles a fireball ? WTF ?

slaytanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • my DFFD pack
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2012, 09:36:11 pm »

still wondering about baby dwarves breastfeeding.
So let me get this straight....We are talking monkeys living on a dirt ball that circles a fireball ? WTF ?

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2012, 10:25:44 pm »

Eh, I'm not sure a small update to their thoughts is going to be significant; even if they care a bit less, they're still naked. 
Another update seems to give the impression armor prevents bad clothing thoughts... so just provide them armor and you'll only need to worry about the miners, woodcutters and hunters.

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2012, 09:53:31 am »

Finally, a reason to add [ITEM:SHOE:CHAUSSES:FORCED:ARMOR=1] to your dwarves!!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2012, 04:16:26 pm »

I don't worry too much about clothes. I just loot them from the dead. If there aren't enough dead goblins to go around, I have plenty of clothes from dead dwarves. If that's not enough?
I have a special job that provides a dwarf's worth of clothes, and also reduces the amount of supplies needed to feed and house the dwarves.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 [2]