Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Let's play Command and Conquer: Tiberium Dawn 64  (Read 2146 times)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
Let's play Command and Conquer: Tiberium Dawn 64
« on: January 02, 2011, 03:16:29 pm »

NOTE: the 64 version will look a little different than this.

UPDATES:
N/A

I was thinking of having positions. like a strategic commander, etc. to help. ideas?

Updates:
the way I'm going to do this is get 5 major events per update. That way, it doesn't go to slow.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 11:49:18 am by ggamer »

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's play Command and Conquer: Tiberium Dawn 64
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 01:20:39 am »

If possible, id suggest doing it in 1 minute turns.

save it and report on whats happened.

Generals etc could command certain units or maybe buildings?

I was going to do something similar with Mechanised Assault and Exploration, a TBS. But absolutely NO ONE was interested! MAX was a great game too.

Its doable.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 01:28:22 am »

In MAX I had ideas for people to be incharge of:

Overall leader (accepts or rejects the ideas of those below)

Building production (what buildings to build with allocated funds)
Resource allocation (allocating funds to military/civilian/stockpiling)
Military production (what units to produce with allocated funds)
Civilian production (what workers/harvesters to make with allocated funds, pushing for exploration of new sites?)
Generals  (order military units)

btw, whats TD 64? ive heard of tiberian dawn, but not 64? on the N64?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 01:31:01 am by Deadmeat1471 »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 02:20:54 am »

TD's the, uh, first one. On the Nintendo 64, yes. I was kinda' expecting Tiberian Sun, heh. Though, any particular reason for going with the N64 version? The PC one's entirely free now...

As an aside, I'd absolutely love to watch a M.A.X. LP. Wouldn't be able to contribute to in-charge stuff, seeing as I've never actually made it past the first mission (Technical difficulties, mostly), but watching someone play through it would be neat.

E: Looked at some pics of the N64 version over on Gamefaqs. It... it's actually uglier than the original? How is this possible?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 02:23:15 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 07:06:15 am »

TD is the slowest of the series, if anything it probably be the best to start an LP with. Its so slow I actually haven't beat it yet....or maybe its too difficult, whatever, I can't stoop myself to playing on easy.

How are you going to get pictures from your  N64 -----> to the internets? Or are you emulating it?

Anyway, I would suggest you don't use my squads idea or commanders. There's no carry over, and I dropped the officer idea halfway through the LP. Its just too restrictive. Plus, there's not enough people in this section of the forum to really support it.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 11:46:52 am »

How are you going to get pictures from your  N64 -----> to the internets? Or are you emulating it?
Webcam'ing it would be cruel. nah, ima go with emulating it.

Anyway, I would suggest you don't use my squads idea or commanders. There's no carry over, and I dropped the officer idea halfway through the LP. Its just too restrictive. Plus, there's not enough people in this section of the forum to really support it.
Yeah, i've scrapped the idea of strategic positions. you guys can still suggest what I do, though!

TD's the, uh, first one. On the Nintendo 64, yes. I was kinda' expecting Tiberian Sun, heh. Though, any particular reason for going with the N64 version? The PC one's entirely free now...
Yeah, but it refuses to download at a rate faster than 5kbps. And Tiberian Sun says something about missing DLL's every time I click on the .exe
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 11:51:04 am by ggamer »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 12:52:45 pm »

S'mirrored elsewhere, just find somewhere that does DL faster :P

As for the missing DLLs, does it actually tell you which ones are missing? It's plum easy to find th'things online if one's gone into hiding.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.