Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "WANTED FOR MANDATE"  (Read 1364 times)

Loon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"WANTED FOR MANDATE"
« on: May 13, 2011, 02:04:44 pm »

Community Game - "Mission from the Homelands"

On a late winter day you pass by the main hall and see a note hanging on your most beloved statue. It's an announcement. You heard rumors about this and start reading:

"Mandate:
To every Dwarf in the glory base of dwarven culture.

Our yet young though mighty and motivated culture is about to rise high. We, the most powerfull race in this world, are going to have a long story of success. If YOU feel willing AND ABLE to lead a journey to an unknown target with a secret mission, report to the eastern tower baracks."

That's your chance. You hurry to get there and are quite late. The guard opens the door for you and heads are raised as you enter. The kingdom's secret-manager continues: "As I said. This task is very  important and under no circumstances to be talked outside of this room. Violation of this, will result in 10 beatings from chief of militia, Erulk." He points to the right and you see a tree of a  man in plate armor, wielding a  ≡ silver warhammer ≡. You definitely wouldn't forget THAT beating.

The manager goes on with the introduction:
"We will create a new outpost far out. We handled a lot of stress due to craziness and corruption on the last misson, so we decided to change the head of the task every four seasons. If you are not O.K. with this, i ask you to leave NOW. "

Spoiler: Rules 1: (click to show/hide)

"You will have to stay in contact with us and follow the rules most strictly. Note that this is a great but experimental mission. So stick to the plan, as only then we can gain the knowledge how and if it works. A detailed yearly report is essential."

Spoiler: Rules 2: (click to show/hide)

"The goal is to be independent on the issue of  "food imports" from humans and these unrational elves. We have much knowlege about crafts and construction but a major lack of experience in growing outdoor food. We need to get a foot in this, if we want to stop trading for it and so giving weapons to our enemies."

Spoiler: Rules 3: (click to show/hide)

"That's it so far. It will be a hard time so prepare carefully."

Spoiler: Rules 4: (click to show/hide)

If you agree, just report in. version .25, phoebus tileset,
Loon

Spoiler: Running order (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 10:35:39 am by Loon »

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
Re: "WANTED FOR MANDATE"
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 02:14:42 pm »

Sounds interesting, I'd like to reserve an Herbalist/farmer.  I also have a few questions about some of the rules.

1) Does a danger room break the "realistic" rule?

2) How is passing the fort going to be handled?  Are we to email the save around, or use something like the file depot and post a link?

I'll prolly have more questions later :P
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Loon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 02:26:33 pm »

You're in Khenal. Go and grab yourself a number grater than one from the Table.

Code: [Select]
1) Does a danger room break the "realistic" rule?yep. Walls and crossbows are the saviours of the day.

2) How is passing the fort going to be handled?  Are we to email the save around, or use something like the file depot and post a link?
I don't think mailing is necessary. There a big bunch of free and fast Uploaders. But if you feel more confortable with mailing we can go this way either.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 02:28:46 pm by Loon »

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 09:42:35 pm »

Guess I'll take number 2.  A file depot will prolly be easiest for everyone involved, I was just wondering :)
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Loon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 02:45:36 pm »

How big is the chance to get enough people together? (i'd also play with only one or two willing heroes)

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 10:02:24 am »

i would like to join your band of overseers let us tame the land and find good fortune.

i like to have turn 3
i use this: http://dffd.wimbli.com/index.php yes you have to register to upload but not to download
its made for dwarf fortress save's to be passed on like in Community forts.

if you PM me il get a email.

Meat may be produced
so we can make meat but we cant eat it?

Code: [Select]
1) Does a danger room break the "realistic" rule?yep. Walls and crossbows are the saviours of the day.

so no sword/hammer dwarfs?
Quote from: Robocorn
what do postdwarvenists do with goblins?

Quote from: Andreus
We slaughter them by the thousands.
But... you know, we do it ironically.

Loon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 10:29:17 am »

Happly welcommin you on board of this crop-crusade.

Updated the "Rule 4" part respective refuse management.

if you PM me il get a email.
so we can make meat but we cant eat it?
Yea, somehow. You can obtain leather and bones but the meat mussn't be eaten or processed. So our mission is to selfsubstain from overground plants but what exactly we do with slaughter byproducts is not restricted apart, from eating or processing it.

so no sword/hammer dwarfs?
Nonono. But you will be unlikely to send you bad equipped and badly trained farmer-dwarves out in the field to fight face to face with an ambush.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 10:36:55 am by Loon »

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 12:06:59 am »

Regrettably, I must bow out.  Last month of college before I get my degree, and I'm far busier than I expected.  Good luck with the fort, looks like a fun challenge.