Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Boiling Magma where there is none  (Read 1684 times)

Anubis039

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Boiling Magma where there is none
« on: December 29, 2010, 05:30:32 pm »

I had a miner caught in a cave-in, and he generated a combat report from it. The second to last entry in the report is this: "The expedition leader is caught in a cloud of boiling magma!" this was an aboveground collapse and there is no volcano or magma pipe.
TG: like if honor among thieves is something then lets call it camaraderie among ironic rapping roof ninjas

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
Re: Boiling Magma where there is none
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 05:44:42 pm »

I had a miner caught in a cave-in, and he generated a combat report from it. The second to last entry in the report is this: "The expedition leader is caught in a cloud of boiling magma!" this was an aboveground collapse and there is no volcano or magma pipe.
That's normal, consider it a harmless bug. The game takes in account the actual material of the stuff; stone powder/smoke is the same as evaporating magma. Magma is basically molten rock. I hope I'm expressing the problem well...

EDIT: what Quietust said. *should stop trying to type coherently past 1am*
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 06:38:52 am by Musashi »
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 07:12:05 pm »

Cave-in dust is sometimes mistakenly labeled using the material's gas state rather than its solid powder state (i.e. it's equivalent to it saying "steam" instead of "snow") - thus, while it may have said "boiling magma", it actually meant "stone dust".
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Anubis039

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 11:36:27 am »

Thanks
TG: like if honor among thieves is something then lets call it camaraderie among ironic rapping roof ninjas