Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Preserving Fortress Integrity  (Read 666 times)

Aussiemon

• Bay Watcher
  • Well... now what?
    • View Profile
Preserving Fortress Integrity
« on: December 24, 2010, 11:59:20 pm »

So I was playing my soon-to-be-Adventure-Mode-dungeon fortress, and worrying about how I was going to find everything, when I thought "If only my fortress was a night creature lair: then I wouldn't have to worry about things moving around."

Getting to the point, I was curious if it would be possible to add this mysterious flag on night creature lairs that preserves location to a regular fortress. I really doubt it's possible, but I thought I'd ask regardless...

Dwarf Science time? Or is it hardcoded?
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

doomdome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Preserving Fortress Integrity
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 12:05:32 am »

I believe what you want to do is put everything important in lead (or gold or platinum or something else heavy enough) bins. Heavy enough items won't get scattered, so they'll stay put.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 01:42:27 am »

DFusion has a utility to do this, I believe.
*Hugs*

Aussiemon

• Bay Watcher
  • Well... now what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 05:54:58 pm »

I couldn't find anything to prevent scatter on the DFusion thread, but if you see anything I'd love a link :)

Also, getting items out of bins (especially when you have lots of important items) is extremely frustrating... In later forts, I'm just going to forbid every bin but lead ones when something important is made.
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 05:57:35 pm »

I mean DFusion can change site types. If you change the fortress to a lair then the items should be saved.
*Hugs*