Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The book of Armok!  (Read 1309 times)

Dude_Jebawe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The book of Armok!
« on: December 22, 2010, 12:41:49 pm »

Exerpts from the book of armok:

Greetings, fellow Dwarven overseers! I am Jebawe, and I come to you once again, bringing the word of the almighty Armok, Glorious and exalted is he! I have returned with excerpts from the Armok Thikut, the 'Book of Armok', from which Armok, glorious and exalted is he, spreads his divine message! Now, I shall reveal the divine message of Armok!

Armok Thikut, Page 174.

'And Armok said onto the elf 'come, join thy Dwarven brothers beneath the rock and stone, glorious is their empire! Enjoy the same glory, as bestowed by my power, as the Dwarves, and bask in my eternal splendour!' But the elf did spurn Armok, and Armok took him, and he threw him beneath the earth, and he encased him in adamantine, and the elf did regret his choice, for the demons, divine servants of Armok, took joy in his torment, and thus Armok hates the elves, and all their descendants, for all eternity!'

Armok Thikut, page 666.
'And the elf said onto his brethren, 'Come my brothers, let us pray to the forest goddess! For although she is a cold and uncaring harlot, unworthy of worship, she alone will listen to our sorrow, our woe, and our poetry!'. And Armok looked upon the elves, and he hated them, so he said unto his servants, 'rise from thy tubes, my servants! Fling thy righteous flame upon thy forest over yonder, and burn thy forest to thy ground!', and the Fire men did obey their lord, and they slew the elves, for Armok hates them.'

Armok Thikut, page 739.
'And it was said that the great elf, cacame, came to follow the dwarven ways, and fought for the sins of his elven brethren! But the elves' sins were too great, and Armok struck them down, and he said to Cacame "See, child, what duty I give upon thee, and what honour thee has been given, as I grace thee with my divine presence.'

Armok Thikut, page 1875.

'And the champion said onto the Elf 'Back, vile beast! Armok commands you!', but the elf did not obey, and much blood was shed that night, and the Elven lands were ravaged and burned, and Armok looked upon the Dwarves' deeds, and it was good.'

Armok Thikut, page 73425.
'And as Urist worked in the mineshafts, Armok spoke onto him. 'Throw thy tools aside, my servant, and create thy wildest dreams onto flesh!'. And Urist did obey, and he went to the noble quarters and slew the nobles, for Armok hates them, and he took their flesh and their bones, and he formed a great Floodgate! So the first artifact was born.'

Hairywoodenleg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The book of Armok!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 01:15:09 pm »

The problem here is that creatures in the world of Dwarf Fortress are not aware of Armok. He is usually referred to as "forces unknown".

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 07:49:48 pm »

Some of us have come to the consensus that Armok is the player.
くコ:彡

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 03:47:32 am »

Some of us have come to the consensus that Armok is the player.

I believe so. that means i can log on to Armok's acount...
What do you think? Yes? No?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 03:59:52 am »

Well the dwarfs do what ever we tell them, within the limit that free will and stupidity allow, so they are slaves to us. And we do enjoy the spilling of blood, so were we gods we would be blood gods. I think we are Armok.

So stop chanting 'Blood for the blood god!' because you will get what your given!

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 04:50:36 am »

Well the dwarfs do what ever we tell them, within the limit that free will and stupidity allow, so they are slaves to us. And we do enjoy the spilling of blood, so were we gods we would be blood gods. I think we are Armok.

So stop chanting 'Blood for the blood god!' because you will get what your given!

BLOOD FOR THE BLO-ooh alright.