Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cave spotting technique I figured out :D  (Read 1137 times)

Saetar33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cave spotting technique I figured out :D
« on: December 23, 2010, 11:46:47 am »

Well, you know how cave fireflies are always visible on-map if they're there?  Well, it takes a cave to have cave fireflies.  So where they are, theoretically, there's a cave.
I'm guessing most people knew this, but... still helpful.
"Dug too deep...What the creep! What the hell is that?? Oh WHY'S IT COMING STRAIGHT AT US! Oh Urist IT'S THAT CAT . . " Magma bells outtake.    "Again, THIS HAS BEEN AGREED BETWEEN 2 RPers! EILWOOD DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZER I REPEAT DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZOR!"  I'm Eilwood.  :3  Nice to meet you too.  "BAAAAAAH"

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: Cave spotting technique I figured out :D
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 12:44:10 pm »

There's no such thing as a 'cave firefly' in unmodded DF.  What mod are you using?
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 02:26:40 pm »

Vermin appear even if you cant see the cave?
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Saetar33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 07:26:54 pm »

@sphalerite, I forgot it was Genesis-modded.  Thought I had double clicked my regular DF 3.18 link, not the Genesis one.

@TGL (Acronym.) Yes, they do.  If they are a source of light.
"Dug too deep...What the creep! What the hell is that?? Oh WHY'S IT COMING STRAIGHT AT US! Oh Urist IT'S THAT CAT . . " Magma bells outtake.    "Again, THIS HAS BEEN AGREED BETWEEN 2 RPers! EILWOOD DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZER I REPEAT DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZOR!"  I'm Eilwood.  :3  Nice to meet you too.  "BAAAAAAH"