Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The King of the ...Dwarves? O_o  (Read 1986 times)

rooly

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
The King of the ...Dwarves? O_o
« on: December 19, 2010, 04:08:27 pm »

So apparently I've got a deity in my world that seems rather akin to the Christian Jesus...

Code: [Select]
This is a well-crafted ashen figurine of Urist Friendlyheal.
The item is a well-designed image of Urist Friendlyheal, the deity of mercy
and forgiveness, depicted as a male dwarf and dwarves in ash by Urist McCraftdwarf.
Urist Friendlyheal is making a plaintive gesture. Urist Friendlyheal is surrounded by the dwarves.

Anyone else got their own dwarven savior?

(didn't post a screenshot as my tileset makes text look terrible)

Nilik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The King of the ...Dwarves? O_o
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 04:53:27 pm »

I had the Dwarven god of football once. I have the screenshot somewhere and may post it later, but his name was "The Competitive Sports" and he was the deity of conflict, music and violence if I remember correctly.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 05:16:15 pm »

I had the Dwarven god of football once. I have the screenshot somewhere and may post it later, but his name was "The Competitive Sports" and he was the deity of conflict, music and violence if I remember correctly.
Definitely reality shows and their cheap tracks and scripted drama
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

The Captain

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 05:55:40 pm »

Troll jesus has a reaction that converts water into tower-cap wine

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 05:58:57 pm »

There was this thing where they made a defence using pumps and magma and a walk way, and then when the traders saw it, they thought it was magic, and things got out of hand, and the legend of dwarf Jesus was born.

Tyrs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 06:19:35 pm »

No no. That was Dwarf Moses

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 05:38:11 am »

Depends on how the water was used. If it was parted, Dwarf Moses. If it was walked on, Dwarf Jesus.
くコ:彡

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 07:19:07 am »

Depends on how the water was used. If it was parted, Dwarf Moses. If it was walked on, Dwarf Jesus.

Dwarves were a lot easier to impress before they figured out how brooks work.

shadowform

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2010, 03:56:20 pm »

Knowing dwarves, 'Conflict' means soccer, 'Music' means vuvuzela, and 'Violence' means the riot after the game.
Q: What do you get when you take 100 clear glass windows, 1000 silver bars, 6700 gold bars, and 18,000 marble blocks?

A: A very large wall.

"Alright, here's Helltooth... Harborfence... Urist, come get GenericBlade... and you. Welcome to the Danger Room. First timers get good ol' Ballswallowed. Have fun and try not to take off your own toe."

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2010, 04:02:30 pm »

Knowing dwarves, 'Conflict' means soccer, 'Music' means vuvuzela, and 'Violence' means the riot after the game.

I've modified my game so that the only musical instrument in existence is the Bass Guitar. Thunderous riffs for all!
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Smackinjuice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2010, 04:59:50 pm »

So apparently I've got a deity in my world that seems rather akin to the Christian Jesus...

Code: [Select]
This is a well-crafted ashen figurine of Urist Friendlyheal.
The item is a well-designed image of Urist Friendlyheal, the deity of mercy
and forgiveness, depicted as a male dwarf and dwarves in ash by Urist McCraftdwarf.
Urist Friendlyheal is making a plaintive gesture. Urist Friendlyheal is surrounded by the dwarves.

Anyone else got their own dwarven savior?

(didn't post a screenshot as my tileset makes text look terrible)

that's not uncommon; specially the last part about making a gesture, and surrounded by dwarves; like super common; usually the surrounded part comes with just being a noble.