Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf Deserter  (Read 636 times)

Don Blake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf Deserter
« on: December 22, 2010, 12:00:13 am »

So, shortly after assisting in the death of yet another Troglodyte, one of my two military dwarves apparently decided to revert to being a fisher.  Confused, and wishing to preserve my small yet so far fairly effective (against said Trogoldytes and the occasional Skeletal Mountain Goat) military, I went to the military screen, only to find that she's no longer available to be redrafted into the army.  Any idea what's up with this?

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Deserter
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 12:45:19 am »

It's time for the dishonest to meet the magma...

Seriously, though. Is she already a part of a different squad? That has caused me problems in the past. Has she become the mayor? That might affect it, though I'm not sure how.

Don Blake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 01:29:17 am »

I'm still not sure what the issue was, but I shuffled things around so I could recruit the fisherdwarf as the leader of the squad and her former boss as a subordinate, and that seemed to do the trick.

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 03:46:00 am »

did you save the fort (or another fort) and then load a game from the menu without fully exiting the program first?

Doing so can cause military bugs such as you describe where dwarves leave their squads and are not listed under 'm' for re-assigning
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.