Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2010 bugs?  (Read 707 times)

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
2010 bugs?
« on: December 24, 2010, 08:06:22 pm »

I haven't seriously played DF in a while, not since before the April release. Tried a bit at first, but the bugs in the military management kinda killed it for me.

I have had fun with the new Adventure mode features though :)

So, is it again possible to have a functioning army in Fortress mode? Training etc. working (at least better) now?
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 bugs?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 08:09:53 pm »

Yeah, the army works fine most of the time. For me, anyway. Word on the street is that kill orders are a little screwy and move orders work better. If they haven't been training I haven't noticed it.

Healthcare is still a little messy, though. So far I've only had one dwarf die due to the doctors deciding not to treat, feed, or water him, but that might be because they usually die from other causes before the hospital gets a chance at them.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

ShunterAlhena

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 04:42:29 am »

I'm in the same shoes as you, picked up 2010 around now. After some initial issues that forum users helped resolve, I can happily confirm that the game works well, including the military (even kill orders - just remember to cancel them after the target was killed). Hospital works, too, there are some minor gotchas but nothing that breaks your immersion of "I have a fortress filled with drunken bloodthirsty idiots". :) No crashes and no major bugs for me.

The only major issue I did encounter was TrueType fonts. Missing glyphs in the font will cause crashes and unfortunately the foremost graphic set in the Wiki includes an incomplete font set. It causes crashes reproducibly and on multiple systems (as evidenced by the bug tracker). Steer clear of TrueType and you'll be OK.
fox has become enraged!

Still Standing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2010, 09:52:24 am »

The only major issue I did encounter was TrueType fonts. Missing glyphs in the font will cause crashes and unfortunately the foremost graphic set in the Wiki includes an incomplete font set. It causes crashes reproducibly and on multiple systems (as evidenced by the bug tracker). Steer clear of TrueType and you'll be OK.

Or use a decent set, such as Ironhands.
Diggy diggy hole.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2010, 07:21:11 pm »

Cool :) nothing else i have to do tonight, so: TIME TO DORF!

Thanks :) this's something else I'd been wondering about. I knew TTF support'd been added, but haven't heard much about it...
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch