Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Daemonic Caravan  (Read 873 times)

janglur

• Bay Watcher
  • +Blood Soup+
    • View Profile
Daemonic Caravan
« on: December 21, 2010, 08:07:20 pm »

So, a human caravan arrived.  And a liason.  And they're a pink fox fiend.  A skinless creature that oozes deadly slime.

On a scale of 1-10, how fucked am I?

I have no way to wall them off before it arrives.

Davichococat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Daemonic Caravan
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 08:11:50 pm »

W-what?  :o

EDIT: 12
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 08:27:37 pm by Davichococat »

twilightdusk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 08:13:59 pm »

Human diplomats can sometimes be demons that wormed their way into human society. I recommend stationing whatever noble is in charge of meeting diplomats for your forts at the front gates so the diplomat can have his meeting and move on before he trails slime through your fortress.
A man would see that as a difficult challenge.
An elf would see that and despair.
A dwarf would see that and say, "Bring it on."

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 08:14:58 pm »

Hmm... if your leader will meet without an office, try sticking him in a burrow on the surface where noone else will go. This will help keep everyone else from walking through the slime. You can deconstruct the trade depot and the caravan will keep away as well, but you still need to deal with the diplomat. I suppose you could order them killed by your marksdwarves...

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 09:03:48 pm »

Hmm... if your leader will meet without an office, try sticking him in a burrow on the surface where noone else will go. This will help keep everyone else from walking through the slime. You can deconstruct the trade depot and the caravan will keep away as well, but you still need to deal with the diplomat. I suppose you could order them killed by your marksdwarves...

Pissing of the humans AND a demon? Yeah, that's a great idea.

Unless your biome rains, I would just start crushing my dwarves with bridges now.
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.