Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dead Merchant Macedwarf doesn't show up for engraving.  (Read 1024 times)

Dr_Pylons

• Bay Watcher
  • [GREEDY]
    • View Profile
Dead Merchant Macedwarf doesn't show up for engraving.
« on: December 20, 2010, 06:13:06 pm »

And now he's haunting my fort. How do I fix this? Is he one of the unlisted "(Engrave Memorial)" entries at the Craftdorf's workshop?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Dead Merchant Macedwarf doesn't show up for engraving.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 06:18:08 pm »

Does he still have a body that you can do a burial on?

Dr_Pylons

• Bay Watcher
  • [GREEDY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 06:23:02 pm »

Does he still have a body that you can do a burial on?
Underwater, yes. But I'm in the middle of a siege right now...

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 06:28:57 pm »

Well do you think the macedwarf cares about the seige? Dam the river, get the corpse, and bury it in a ☼tomb☼ or else your problems are a little bigger then a few goblins lazing about.

Dr_Pylons

• Bay Watcher
  • [GREEDY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 06:32:56 pm »

Well do you think the macedwarf cares about the seige? Dam the river, get the corpse, and bury it in a ☼tomb☼ or else your problems are a little bigger then a few goblins lazing about.
::) Okay...

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 06:48:20 pm »

I had this issue as well, though the ghost's corpse was in a pond, not a river. The only fix I was able to find was to drain the pond to retrieve the body. Afterwards, I made a point to make sure that caravans would be as safe as possible by making a covered, completely sealable path from my fort entrance to a map edge such that caravans could spawn on only a ~7-wide area, while enemies could spawn anywhere on the map. I've not had any merchant casualties since, and you may want to do something similar. Of course, building it while you're presently under siege is somewhat tricky, so hopefully that ghost isn't actually dangerous.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Dr_Pylons

• Bay Watcher
  • [GREEDY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 06:51:24 pm »

I had this issue as well, though the ghost's corpse was in a pond, not a river. The only fix I was able to find was to drain the pond to retrieve the body. Afterwards, I made a point to make sure that caravans would be as safe as possible by making a covered, completely sealable path from my fort entrance to a map edge such that caravans could spawn on only a ~7-wide area, while enemies could spawn anywhere on the map. I've not had any merchant casualties since, and you may want to do something similar. Of course, building it while you're presently under siege is somewhat tricky, so hopefully that ghost isn't actually dangerous.

Oh, my problem is that I didn't make my caravan-drowning-chamber exit-proof. Stupid me. The merchants would try to exit through the holes in the walls, which is why they ended up outside. Underwater, outside. Dead, too.