Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No goblins?  (Read 757 times)

JoshBrickstien

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the aspect of one fey!
    • View Profile
No goblins?
« on: December 20, 2010, 04:35:55 pm »

Hello. I want to be attacked. I've not seen any goblin ambushes in three years. Nor have I ever. However, there is a Goblin Civ listed (Gonem "The Plated Jackals") With a single Macegoblin listed. Shouldn't they atleast send snatchers? All I seem to get is kobolds.
Edit: OH GOD, THE LEATHERS ARE MULTIPLYING WHENEVER I SLEEP.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No goblins?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 06:07:21 pm »

Hmm. Maybe they are organizing a huge attack. :D
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 08:32:39 pm »

I went four years before getting my first thief/snatcher.

Another play I got back to back ambushes on the second year and a siege the third.
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 09:17:11 pm »

I've had similar problems.  The past three games I've played have had no ambushes until about the 3rd or 4th year, though fairly common snatchers and thieves.  Expect them eventually!  You could fight FBs in the meantime.  Or go for HFS.
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

twilightdusk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 09:19:36 pm »

If you need some excitement in the meantime, try to get the humans to go to war with you. I'd say elves too except they are infuriatingly hard to anger in the current version due to the lack of a treecutting quota to violate.
A man would see that as a difficult challenge.
An elf would see that and despair.
A dwarf would see that and say, "Bring it on."

JoshBrickstien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 11:35:34 pm »

If you need some excitement in the meantime, try to get the humans to go to war with you. I'd say elves too except they are infuriatingly hard to anger in the current version due to the lack of a treecutting quota to violate.
I've had similar problems.  The past three games I've played have had no ambushes until about the 3rd or 4th year, though fairly common snatchers and thieves.  Expect them eventually!  You could fight FBs in the meantime.  Or go for HFS.

No FBs yet. (100 dorfs) I don't want to go for the HFS until I have more than 5 military dorfs.

Oh, and no Hummies. And elves... well.... hm. Are they TRAPAVOID? No? Muahahahahhaha.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 12:53:41 am »

Oh, and no Hummies. And elves... well.... hm. Are they TRAPAVOID? No? Muahahahahhaha.
Humans will avoid traps they have seen when they were at peace with you, and elves are ambushers.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

JoshBrickstien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 02:23:35 am »

Humans will avoid traps they have seen when they were at peace with you, and elves are ambushers.

So what your saying, is that if the humans fight me, The magma mist generator over the entrance isn't a bad idea?