Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "I must have body parts!"  (Read 2870 times)

PandarenLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"I must have body parts!"
« on: April 04, 2010, 06:05:55 pm »

I have a dwarf in a fey mood asking for body parts, and I don't know what that means. Anyone have an idea? I've had some animals slaughtered, but he didn't want any of that.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

JmzLost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "I must have body parts!"
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 06:14:07 pm »

I've seen several people say that shells (and horns, hooves, etc) show up as body parts in fey moods.  Try catching some turtles and processing them at a Fishery.  The shells are removed during processing now, not when eaten.

JMZ
Also, obviously, magma avalanches and tsunamis weren't exactly a contingency covered in the mission briefing.
I can assure you that Ardentdikes is not the first fortress to be flooded with magma. What's unusual is that we actually meant to flood it with magma.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 06:40:41 pm »

I don't think shells count, since there still is the separate 'I must have shells!' message.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 06:44:30 pm »

bones did it when my dwarf demanded body parts.

Lalandrathon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 06:49:37 pm »

I'm currently having a similar issue, though I don't know what the dwarf could want besides shells. He wants tanned hides x2, body parts x2, rock, and rock bars and has so far picked up 2 stone (I thought he only needed one!?), 1 iron bar, 2 hides, 1 stack of bone, and is sitting there yelling still.

My butcher shop has all sorts of bones, horns, and hooves lying about, so I doubt it's any of those. Any thoughts?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 06:56:48 pm »

teeth?
Nom nom nom

AzureShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 07:49:41 pm »

You could always try organs, limbs, etc... I know those drop off of some kills, but not sure which or how often.
These are the kinds of bugs that make DF the game it is.  Magma vanishing?  Oops, it's all being sucked down by hell.
This is how everything works. This, right here, is DF.

jayseesee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 05:49:47 am »

Pit a kitten from 20 stories up.  The velo of the fall should splatter every body part in a nice array to choose from.
I'd do that, but I don't think dwarves have words for "fair" or "logical".

OviDiuS

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Stay Safe & Stay Awsome !
    • View Profile
    • OviDiuSSwe - Website
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2010, 09:36:32 pm »

Yo dude i just had a similar objectiv..

all my dwarf needed was 3 warthog bones and 1 rock block.

I know this topic is kinda old and this is slightly on the verge to be necro post but. I hope i did give some info to those who have the same problem.

GLHF
You can find me on several ways. Twitch.tv/ovidiusswe or my Website. Contact info on both.

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2010, 10:37:04 pm »

charcoal, and coke fit the rock bar demand. I once slaughtered 5 elephants to supply body parts, to no avail. made up a some coke for the metal industry, the dwarf made a beeline for the fuel, cackling madly. it had a affinity for toads, which could explain it, lols

Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2010, 10:41:19 pm »

charcoal, and coke fit the rock bar demand.

Are you absolutely certain about that? What did the artifact get as a decoration?
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2010, 10:45:26 pm »

Quiet, rock bars are coke or charcoal. It was armor, menacing with spikes of coal
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2010, 11:02:41 pm »

That almost sounds like a bug - it's supposed to only accept metal bars; the merging of 40d's MATGLOSS_STONE and MATGLOSS_METAL into 0.31's INORGANIC made Dwarf Fortress forget the generic term for "metal" and default to "rock bars" for fey moods, but it should still only be accepting metal.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2010, 01:06:55 am »

It's shells bones and skulls.  I don't know if its intended for shells to be a part of this category or if its a bug, but if the dwarf wants shells (even if hes saying "i must have body parts") he wont accept bones and skulls instead.  He will only accept shells.  If however he simply wants bones hell accept any of the 3 items.  Demanding shells has been a death sentence for several of my guys so far =/
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.