Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Solitary butcher of elves and goblins  (Read 757 times)

Artzbacher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Solitary butcher of elves and goblins
« on: December 17, 2010, 12:23:48 pm »

So I was planning on making a fotress defended by a single dwarf. I'll make sure she's a legendary shield/hammer/armor-user.

A large portion of the outside will be channeled out, replaced by retractactable bridges. I'll have a myriad of rooms beneath the bridges, separated from each other and sealed off with more bridges. When the siege comes and the lever is pulled, most enemies will drop down into these rooms and become separated in small groups. When enough are trapped, the Solitary Butcher of Elves and Goblins may begin his morbid task. The separated groups can only imagine what is going on as they hear the hoots and wails of their comrades grow silent, until nothing can be heard, save for the heavy steps of the Butcher, echoing closer and closer to the one remaining room. As the bridge is pulled, they see a short, sturdy creature, covered in blood from head to toe, weilding a crimson hammer.

Problem:
If a large enough/mounted enemy is standing on top a bridge, it won't function(?).

If a single lever is connected to 20 bridges, and a large/mounted creature is occupying one of these bridges, will all bridges refuse to retract or only the one that the large creature is standing on?

Blurk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Solitary butcher of elves and goblins
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 02:49:03 pm »

-if its too large that bridge will fail to open, dont know how that goes if there is a mount, invaders dont tend to make to to my bridges.

-also, just that one bridge (atleast this is the case with flood gates so im assuming the same thing happens)