Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can't Get Dorms to work  (Read 402 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Can't Get Dorms to work
« on: December 16, 2010, 11:24:51 pm »

Its the topic title. I made a dorm. The dorm covers all the beds i want to be in the dorm. I made sure it is classified as a dorm. But all the beds in the radius are still counted as normal beds... Any help, please?
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can't Get Dorms to work
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 11:47:58 pm »

You need no help. That's exactly the way it's supposed to work. All beds in the dormitory will be treated as though they were in the dormitory, but the other beds' building screen won't change.

...I do seem to recall a bug that made it so that dwarves would only use the bed that defined the dormitory as a dormitory, though I think that's been fixed. If it hasn't and doesn't work that way, just designate each bed in the place as its own dormitory.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 02:21:45 am »

do dormitories work as normal now?
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 08:26:18 am »

Yes.