Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: !!Nobel Prizes!!?  (Read 890 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
!!Nobel Prizes!!?
« on: December 16, 2010, 11:32:30 am »

I propose that, each year, in December, nominations and elections should be held for:
-the best contributor to !!PHYSICS!!;
-the best contributor to !!BIOLOGY!!;
-and the best contributor to !!ENGINEERING!!.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: !!Nobel Prizes!!?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 12:01:07 pm »

I think this may go better in DF Dwarf Mode Discussion.

That said, I love the idea and wish to nominate the Magma Piston Pump.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

qoonpooka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 01:19:39 pm »

I will nominate the improved magma pumpstack for the !!Engineering!! Category http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=72296.msg1772802#msg1772802

qoonpooka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 01:21:49 pm »

I will nominate zagibu for the  !!Nobel Prize!! in !!Physics!! http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=53571.0

MiniMacker

• Bay Watcher
  • Side-effects include nausia, tantrum and insanity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 01:30:08 pm »

Nobles shouldn't be awarded priz-
Oh, the NOBEL price.

OT:
I shalt give my support to Zagibu.

I will nominate zagibu for the  !!Nobel Prize!! in !!Physics!! http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=53571.0
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 01:34:44 pm by MiniMacker »
It isn't a new Dwarf Fortress version until we're made to fear some kind of regular creature.  Carp, Elephants, Unicorns, Badgers, and now Mosquitos.  I've got 5 dorfBucks on the next one being plagues of groundhogs.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 02:08:47 pm »

A while back I thought up plans for a treasure fort containing a doomsday engine. The engine would have a clock built in hell that would collapse the entire fortress into the magma sea within a few years, the fort would be divided into sections each with their own defense mechanisms, and any foreseeable attempt to breach one of the treaure chambers or disable the doomsday clock would result in that chamber collapsing or the doomsday engine activating early. I thought reclaiming it where the only way to enter the fortress without premature magmageddon was to activate the doomsday clock would be a great forum challenge but alas I never went anywhere with it, mainly because that would take decades of gametime and a respectable portion of the entire magma sea.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 05:15:20 pm »

A while back I thought up plans for a treasure fort containing a doomsday engine. The engine would have a clock built in hell that would collapse the entire fortress into the magma sea within a few years, the fort would be divided into sections each with their own defense mechanisms, and any foreseeable attempt to breach one of the treaure chambers or disable the doomsday clock would result in that chamber collapsing or the doomsday engine activating early. I thought reclaiming it where the only way to enter the fortress without premature magmageddon was to activate the doomsday clock would be a great forum challenge but alas I never went anywhere with it, mainly because that would take decades of gametime and a respectable portion of the entire magma sea.
you should do this.... i lack the words for further encouragement...
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Ratbert_CP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Enraged Primate
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 05:40:56 pm »

Nobles shouldn't be awarded priz-
Oh, the NOBEL price.

The Nobel price is your time. 

The Nobles price is their soul screaming for all eternity, alone at the bottom of the magma sea.
Ratbert #CP#Z
"For FUN and HONOR!"

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 05:44:11 pm »

Isn't it supposed to be the !!noble!! prize? ;)
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.