Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Armor for Elves/Dwarves?  (Read 1597 times)

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
Re: Armor for Elves/Dwarves?
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2010, 08:11:29 pm »

Dwarven bandits are very rare compared to humans or goblins. You usually get attacked by them near the mountains from my experience.
I think vanilla DF doesn't have dorf or elven bandits (I just added mine among other things...though there may actually be some on mix race bandit groups).

Don't confuse bandits with some Civ's border patrols...sometimes they'll just wake you from your slumber & shout out their group's name but not attack at all if your civ's doesn't have past troubles (they can be attacked by "bumping" unto them but talking is a better option). I guess they're just warning you to not bring trouble in their territory or something.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Ale and Axes

• Bay Watcher
  • Chug - Swipe - Cheer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2010, 08:26:38 pm »

For Dwarf armor, it takes time and patience and luck, but perservere and you'll eventually find a lair that has a hoard of Dwarf armor. Lairs near mountains with Dwarf cities are a good bet, especially Shrines. I got together a full set of Dwarf-size steel armor from looting a few lair/shrine hoards.

The same applies to Elves, kinda, but instead of awesome steel gear you'll just get their usual wooden bullshit, beautifully decorated but worthless in combat.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2010, 08:29:52 pm »

Dwarven bandits are very rare compared to humans or goblins. You usually get attacked by them near the mountains from my experience.
I think vanilla DF doesn't have dorf or elven bandits (I just added mine among other things...though there may actually be some on mix race bandit groups).

Don't confuse bandits with some Civ's border patrols...sometimes they'll just wake you from your slumber & shout out their group's name but not attack at all if your civ's doesn't have past troubles (they can be attacked by "bumping" unto them but talking is a better option). I guess they're just warning you to not bring trouble in their territory or something.
I know for a fact that Vanilla DF has dwarven bandits at the least. I remember single-handedly killing an entire dwarven bandit camp and stealing their leader's armor.

Shelegelah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2010, 09:22:33 pm »

Thanks for the replies, I felt that changing the default elven settlement to a city would ruin the feel of the game too much for me, so I changed the size to something like 60500, so not too big of a difference. (If I'm reading the raws right.) This means I can wear both goblin and human armor, so that's pretty righteous. :)

On a side note, has anyone actually tested wooden armor on its effectiveness? Is it worse than leather, better, or just about even? (Obviously it's not as good as metal...)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2010, 09:25:33 pm »

TIME FOR !!!!SCIENCE!!!!

Do you wish to know how it fares against lava or an angry colossus?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Murphy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy half-ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2010, 09:33:27 pm »

Why not just scavenge for stuff in an abandoned fortress?
Dwarven armor will fit elves and goblins, and vice versa.

Shelegelah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2010, 09:47:34 pm »

Both, Mr. Grizzly Adams! I'll run my own more standard tests in the arena.
Pages: 1 [2]