Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: rawflag for animal trade  (Read 308 times)

schussel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
rawflag for animal trade
« on: December 14, 2010, 03:08:42 pm »

heya .. i am looking for the specific flag that's defining the kind and maybe volume of animals traded by a race (so i can mod a custom race with that equal of  say elves)
could one of those (that are exclusive to elves in entity_default)
[USE_GOOD_ANIMALS]
[USE_ANY_PET_RACE]

be the faulty ones? ...and if yes would there be any way to enlarge the tradevolume in pets?

thanks

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
Re: rawflag for animal trade
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 03:20:28 pm »

Ask again in the DF Modding forum.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 03:21:56 pm »

I believe traders will trade any animal types their entity can use that they have access to. I don't know what you mean by "faulty" tags, though; those two, for elves, do exactly what they're supposed to, which is make elves able to use any species that has PET or PET_EXOTIC, as well as any race with one of those tags and GOOD. Elves will bring any such creature.

There's several tags that determine entities' animal use. Check the wiki's entity token page, where the item and animal use tokens are in a seperate section.

I know of no way to increase the number of pets a race brings, though I guess if you decreased the variety of things they could bring otherwise they might. You'll also probably want to give the new entity a merchant representative person so they can get trade agreements with you so you can order animals.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

schussel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 03:27:12 pm »

thanks for the clarification .. imma test around abit with it

wonder if its possible to get evil creatures like werewolves or harpies as pets  by adding the evil pet tag :)