Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Another unreasonable demand question  (Read 527 times)

varangian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Another unreasonable demand question
« on: December 12, 2010, 03:16:08 pm »

So my duke has a thing for thrones and giant toads, specifically their teeth. Fortunately the last bunch of goblins arrived riding giant toads so I've got a few corpses that might do when he next issues a mandate for making giant toad tooth items. However he's now issued a demand for a giant toad tooth throne in his room. Is it even possible to make such a thing, outside of a fey mood? Would a regular throne decorated with giant toad tooth fit the bill or is he really asking to be sent on a long walk down to the caverns to see if there are any cave crocodiles to talk to?

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another unreasonable demand question
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 04:13:29 pm »

It is impossible to make bone furniture outside of a mood, and decorating it won't fit the bill. Maybe he needs a shiny bauxite lever, instead?

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 04:30:25 pm »

This is a demand, not a mandate, so the only penalty for not fulfilling it is unhappy thoughts for the noble for the next year to year and a half, at which point they'll "forget" the demand. There's not even the penalty of somebody getting a punishment set on them.

Just keep your duke happy in other ways, and otherwise ignore it, unless he's causing other problems for whatever reason.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

varangian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 07:01:18 pm »

Yes, I'd forgotten demands didn't result in some random dwarf getting to spend some quality time in my luxuriously appointed jail. I'll stick another donkey in a cage in his bedroom, he seems to like that kind of thing. I've never enquired why.

BackgroundGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 07:08:21 pm »

Your duke is screwing with you.  Even if you could make a throne out of bone (outside of a mood), and it wasn't a demand, it would still be impossible to fulfill.  Why?  Toads, giant or otherwise, don't have teeth