Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Elven Diplomats  (Read 466 times)

UnrealJake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Elven Diplomats
« on: December 12, 2010, 06:58:42 am »

I'm paranoid about elves, and my current fort does have their caravans trading with me so I know they're close. I was wondering, do they still send diplomats in this version when you cut down too many trees, or are they "tamer" now and don't flip out because you're using wood? As tempting as it is to find out, my elite marksdwarf squad isn't very large yet...
Huochong sounds like what you hear when a ninja hits somebody with a frying pan.

"HUOOOOOOOOOO-"
*CHONG*

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
Re: Elven Diplomats
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 09:01:02 am »

Unless my memory misleads me they won't start shit until your fortress is of a considerable size. They'll give you the heads up anyway so it's not like they're going to start killing people just like that
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

schussel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 09:05:57 am »

I'm paranoid about elves, and my current fort does have their caravans trading with me so I know they're close. I was wondering, do they still send diplomats in this version when you cut down too many trees, or are they "tamer" now and don't flip out because you're using wood? As tempting as it is to find out, my elite marksdwarf squad isn't very large yet...

elven diplomacy currently is disabled in the raws .. you may reenable them but i have no clue .. it was written in the forums somewhere and should have a notice to that in the wiki :)

UnrealJake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 09:07:57 am »

Alright, so they will not ask me to stop killing trees in this version. I'd been quite careful with chopping trees so I wanted to know if I should carry on or just go and start clear cutting everything. Of course, once my wall is fully comlete and lined with men [I'm think of putting in two layers of fortifications, that way master bowmen have trouble hitting my men but most of my shots will be fine] I'll probably start something anyway!
Huochong sounds like what you hear when a ninja hits somebody with a frying pan.

"HUOOOOOOOOOO-"
*CHONG*

schussel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 09:14:24 am »

if you got the time and ressources just cut everything down ^^ it will regrow and elves dont care unles oyu try to trade it to them^^

UnrealJake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 09:19:28 am »

Right. In 40d I was told to stop cutting trees. While there is nothing about them saying that on the wiki, there is also nothing about them NOT saying it. Thanks for clearing it up.

CLEAR CUTTING! HERE I COME!

"HUOOOOOOOOOO-"
*CHONG*

schussel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 10:06:02 am »

it was taken out in .14 or.15 i think .. dont know if the change was wanted but well  it softens the impact of annoyance  by diplomacy .. liaisons chatter is annoying enough

UnrealJake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 11:48:57 am »

Tell me about it. Though the chatter itself with the elves didn't annoy me, they just said "F*** you, stop that. You can only cut down a few more trees or next time we'll kick your ass"

It was the fact most of my industries were shut down untill I found large quantaties of coal, and new migrants were lucky to sleep on beds.

Thanks guys, this helps alot!

"HUOOOOOOOOOO-"
*CHONG*