Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fireproofing in 31.18  (Read 828 times)

Cwal

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Fireproofing in 31.18
« on: December 11, 2010, 01:48:29 pm »

Does the melting fat fireproofing thing still work as of the latest version? I have decided to spice up my adventurers description a little, but so far my upper boy lower body and head are missing their fat and everywhere else keeps melting.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fireproofing in 31.18
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 06:16:49 pm »

well yes you can still burn the fat off,so it  shoud work just like befor.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Cwal

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 02:03:29 am »

I've been attempting to do so and savescumming for about an hour, and I cannot melt any more fat to the point that it is gone, the highest I can get is moderate melting before blood loss becomes too much and I have to rest.

Shinziril

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 02:19:33 pm »

Even in the previous version getting the fat melted off larger body parts without bleeding to death was tricky.  Fingers and toes in particular were trouble, since everything seemed to bleed the same amount and all ten of them would always start bleeding like crazy at the same time.  If you're okay with cheating, just mod out the [VASCULARITY] tag in the FAT tissue template and melt to your heart's content.  You can stick it back in afterwards to prevent any crazy shenanigans with enemies. 
Quote from: lolghurt
Quote from: Urist McTaverish
why is Dwarven science always on fire?
Because normal science is boring