Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Miner thinks he's trapped [FIXED]  (Read 296 times)

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
Miner thinks he's trapped [FIXED]
« on: December 12, 2010, 09:13:07 am »

So my legendary miner has apparently lost his little mind. I've had him digging a (very) long shaft down into the earth to check to caverns for water (surface only has one puny murky pool), and found it, then kept going to see what else could be discovered stonewise. Now that he's gotten himself over 100 z-levels below the fortress itself, he refuses to path back up. The shaft is entirely comprised of up/down staircases, straight down except for one adjustment to avoid the drowned cavern. There is a path, he just doesn't recognize it.

Any way to fix it? I have work that he needs to do back in the fortress proper already designated for him. I've tried sticking him in a burrow, assigning him to a military squad and stationing him back upstairs. My next option is to turn on my alarms and force EVERYONE into the dining hall and bedrooms, bringing the fortress to a squealing halt, or just leave him down there and see if hunger or sobriety remind him how to use stairs.

CapnUrist cancels plea for help: remembers constructed floors block up staircases.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 09:38:05 am by CapnUrist »
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."