Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Favourite Adventure Mode Moments  (Read 4377 times)

Sgt. Sherman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Favourite Adventure Mode Moments
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2010, 10:28:15 pm »

continued: My other ally fought on, the spear through his stomach. I ran up to assist, stabbing the assailant in his leg. My ally proceeded to jam his carving knife into the bandits skull, ripping up his grey matter. Then the captain let forth a challenge. He charged with a spear, taking the remaining peasent through the heart, turned to me, thrust once, and cut me in half with a spear. Best part? He was an elf. Guess he wanted payback for all the caravans ive drowned in lava.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2010, 12:00:25 am »

This dwarf is quickly becoming my favorite adventurer of all time.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Tenebrous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2010, 12:58:16 am »

It was a bit very buggy, and had me wandering away from DF as it churned at 0-1 FPS for a good 10 minutes, but...

I was playing a nobody adventurer (no real accomplishments at this point) and decided to leave the travel screen to sleep in the middle of nowhere. No sooner had I entered the site did the game (apparently) freeze. I did see the following, however, in stunted slow-mo:
  • Apparently this region wasn't built very sturdily - a portion of the cavern (?) has collapsed! :o
  • Poor adventurer is knocked into the collapsing area - and lands all the way down in the first cavern level.
  • Broken legs, and severed spinal tissue... but DF wasn't done with me yet - the collapse continued, pushing me through the next two cavern levels.
  • Every limb broken, many an organ punctured. So, lying unconscious, I get the following message, as magma flowed to envelop me: "You have discovered an eerie cavern..."
The RNG did not like this guy... Although I really wonder how this happened.  ???
Enter TO CREATE THE WORLD.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2010, 01:04:39 am »

That's rotten luck! Was this DF 31.18?
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Tenebrous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2010, 01:12:42 am »

Yeah, the Mayday pack with a few mods - nothing which modified stone layers, though. Now I'm building adventurers to see if I can find the crater...  8)
Enter TO CREATE THE WORLD.

Horizon9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2010, 04:27:16 pm »

My favorite adventure moment was the time I had just finished off a quest to kill a human bandit.
I was on my way back to town when it turned to night. It was hard to see, so I decided to rest until dawn.
Lo and behold, I'm ambushed in my sleep by four bogeyman. Before they even reach me, I enter a martial trance, and proceed to kill all but one in almost one hit. The last one was gored multiple times before he died.
I then proceeded to get ripped apart by crocodiles right outside the town I was reporting to.
What a tiny roc. I guess I could call it a pebbl.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2010, 06:02:59 am »

At one point, I was save-scumming it up hardcore on a famiily of 4 night creatures that had roflestomped me previously. Simply, I wanted them dead, and they wouldn't have it. It got to the point where I was about to quit trying, and then, with my 4 companions dead, I (as a dwarf) proceeded to dodge 20+ turns of attacks by all 3 of the adults, entered a martial trance, and proceeded to cut 2 in half and behead the last. Fuck yeah.

And this other time, before boogeymen, I was ambushed at night by a cougar, and as soon as he came into view he was met with a spinning bronze battle axe that broke 3 ribs and tore apart one of his lungs. He was only 4 tiles away, so I imagine he was mid-fucking-pounce.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 09:45:07 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Confused111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2010, 09:41:59 am »

I started up a new adventurer Human after my last Dwarf got killed by a brush titan. I went around being awesome, until I recruited 3 people. I gave each of them names. Isaac, Gar, and something else I can't remember. Isaac was my favorite until I fought some bandits. He and another named person died. Gar survived. He took a wound to the shoulder, though. Then, I kept asking for quests until I was directed to the person who sent my dwarf to his death. He told me to kill the titan. I gathered 11 people, and went to do so. We traveled to the south, entered it's shrine, and took it down easily. Then, we went back and were hailed as gods. I got more people, as one died. With twelve, we were sent after a dragon. I complied, and went in search of it. We made our way to it's cave, which was littered with treasure and corpses. Some looked fresh. I led the charge, ultimately ending in my death. I was bitten in the chest, and shaken around while I cut at it. Gar, being pretty much my character's Lancer, went up beside it and stuck it in the upper body, cutting apart the muscle and the heart. We had a chance! But, I was not destined to live. The dragon threw me at the wall, and I took the full force of the impact with my upper body. My spine shattered, and a rib was forced through my heart. As I bled out, I saw the dragon tear through Seve, and clawed Ersi in the chest, leaving a nasty gash.

I checked the legends a couple in-game days later on another adventurer. Gar and one other had survived. If I had been smarter, I could have as well.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2010, 11:34:59 am »

INCREASING AWESOMENESS:

freezing a bronze colossus

obsidianizing a bronze colossus

pushing a bronze colossus into a volcano, falling with it, and surviving.  :D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2010, 12:22:25 pm »

After trekking for days to a temple I finally arrived. I rushed towards the Mountain Titan and it fired some spittle at me, I blocked it easily. I ran up to it, it bit my hand and forced me to drop my sword so I kicked it in the head and killed it.

JJtoocool

• Bay Watcher
  • Unfortunate Accident: ∞
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2010, 03:22:23 pm »

I was playing my adventurer "Rafeb Dangersticks" and explored my old fortress. No sooner do I enter it, an old crazy dwarf runs up, smacks me with the flat of a sword, and runs off. He then (I assume) pulled the self destruct lever. He runs back to finish me off and we both get drenched in lava. I loved that name, sad he died like that :(
Quote from: Goblin 3 to Goblin 1
I heard that I died.
Quote from: Goblin 1 to Goblin 3
It was inevitable.
Quote from: Goblin 3 to Goblin 1
Goodbye.
Quote from: Goblin 1 to Goblin 3
Goodbye.

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2010, 07:06:10 pm »

I decided to start a human hero. After killing a hulking troll wife I grab 3 peasants in order to go exploring my old fortress. I had penetrated the caverns. Of course I realized it was basically a suicide mission and named my hero and companions aptly. For whatever reason I named the only female in my group the "Quiet Badass". Remember these are PEASANTS armed with clothing and knives. We venture into the hall and meet a:
Spoiler: fun creature (click to show/hide)
My Quiet Badass decides, without any previous combat experience, to kill the damn thing with her bronze boning knife. Basically by herself. I realize that she killed it only later when I look it up in the legends. At the time my character was running away in an attempt at self-preservation. We all die later to another fun creature.
Pages: 1 2 [3]