Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Changing borders for visible space?  (Read 540 times)

Karim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Changing borders for visible space?
« on: December 10, 2010, 05:54:28 pm »

Started a new game,but the mountain I want to mine is all the way to the right of the visible gameplay map.I mine about 20 spaces,but can't mine anymore due to being unable to scroll to the right(edge of map has been reached).How do I shift the visible/playable area of the map?

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Changing borders for visible space?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 06:07:03 pm »

You don't. The map's edges are the map's edges; there's no way to shift them after embark.

You could re-generate the world with the same map seeds, find the place again, and embark slightly further to the east, but you'd lose all the progress you've got so far.

You could also abandon and re-embark slightly further east, but that's been known to cause strange and Very Unfortunate bugs that I don't believe have been fixed. Specifically, embarking over one of your previously-abandoned forts can, randomly and without warning, make all of the spaces you've mined out become not-mined-out, causing anyone underground to be sealed in living stone.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Karim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Changing borders for visible space?
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 06:29:34 pm »

Thanks,started over.