Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help! Trapped in Caverns  (Read 995 times)

dbay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Help! Trapped in Caverns
« on: December 11, 2010, 03:19:07 am »

So, I've been playing this adventurer for a long time. I've managed to find full steel armour, a steel masterpiece two handed sword... things are great. I've slain like, so many dragons and hydras its amazing.

But I went into a cave, and now me and my 19 companions are lost underground. I've been wandering in the caverns for  hours, and I'm starting to feel claustrophobic. Is there any way to get out of here? am I trapped here forever? I will never find the surface without some sort of trick or hack or something.

Help? Cheating is okay if it gets me out.

digitCruncher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Help! Trapped in Caverns
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 03:44:29 am »

When I got lost under the caverns, I just used the compass to find the approximate location of the cave I came in in. It should be a large white dot. Once you are close enough, it will show ---

Then systematically look around the nearby walls for a way out.

(It helped, when I was close enough, that I saw dead buzzards and groundhogs near the entrance. That narrowed it down a bit)

Good luck!

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 06:37:25 am »

Well, if you perform a Blood Ritual to Lord Armok, you may be warped out...
Or just follow walls until you find an exit
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

TailorTF

• Bay Watcher
  • You know pots?Yeah,let's use pots now.Forever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 07:26:49 am »

Did you jump down any holes?If so,you're screwed.Enjoy your stay.Eat your companions for sustanence and attempt to make contact with the underground civiliztions.Do what you want,there's literally NO way to get out of the caves if you fell down a drop with no ramp up.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 07:34:16 am by TailorTF »

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 07:35:33 am »

If you can find a safe spot I've heard that sleeping sometimes warps you out, it may warp you deeper though.
*Hugs*

TailorTF

• Bay Watcher
  • You know pots?Yeah,let's use pots now.Forever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 07:42:16 am »

If you can find a safe spot I've heard that sleeping sometimes warps you out, it may warp you deeper though.

Really?Wow,Toady should keep that in,it's just another way to prove dwarves (you ARE a dwarf adventurer,right?You should be.) can warp reality.

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2010, 11:46:20 am »

-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 04:41:16 pm by Bronimin »

dbay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2010, 04:52:02 pm »

No, I haven't fallen down anything. I've just gone down a lot of ramps... and I can't believe I never thought of using the compass. I'll try sleeping first, though

Thanks, everyone!

P.S. Of course I'm a dwarf. No real dwarf would have to ask.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2010, 07:15:24 pm »

No, I haven't fallen down anything. I've just gone down a lot of ramps... and I can't believe I never thought of using the compass. I'll try sleeping first, though

Thanks, everyone!

P.S. Of course I'm a dwarf. No real dwarf would have to ask.

WARNING: sometimes sleeping causes caveins into the magma sea. At least, it did in .17
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]