Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Brooks  (Read 544 times)

synkell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Brooks
« on: December 06, 2010, 11:50:56 pm »

How do i flood the area i am in with a brook? I tried blocking the other end with walls but no go.

FallingWhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Brooks
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 11:53:30 pm »

Pumps; why would walls mess with unpressurized water.
Quote from: Spambot
Becoming a software engineering is not a piece of cake that you can slice it off a plate and gorge on it.

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 11:58:35 pm »

Just channel wherever you want it to go.
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

beekay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 12:00:32 am »

Water tuns off the edges of the map, so you're not gonna be able to create a miniature sea.

If you want to flood an enclosed area, you're going to have to pump it there (or channel out the way there).

gopa4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 12:49:17 am »

Or build bridges on the edge of the map and raise them. If this still works anyways.

Skid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 12:54:39 am »

Actually, if my experiences building walls underground count for anything, you can now build wall right up against the edge of the map with no problems.
Playing a cheesemaker in an average Fortress 'round here would be. Freaking. Terrifying.

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 01:01:23 am »

Actually, if my experiences building walls underground count for anything, you can now build wall right up against the edge of the map with no problems.
not on the very edge.  and that is only underground...on the surface the buffer exists.
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]