Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Item Dupe Glitch?  (Read 1187 times)

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
Item Dupe Glitch?
« on: December 08, 2010, 04:45:40 am »

This is the first item duping glitch I've found, and it's fairly specific - it involved two hands both grappling the same weapon, and wrestling it away. Possibly it was because the hands were on the 'same side' - this was a four armed snake being from Genesis Mod and both hands were left hands. Both hands now have a knife!

Which is good, because those peasants are bearing down awful fast...

EDIT: and duplicated on the right side. With another knife.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 05:15:08 am by Flaede »
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Item Dupe Glitch
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 05:08:04 am »

Are you sure both hands aren't just grabbing the same knife? See if you can drop them on the ground separately or otherwise treat them as multiple items.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Item Dupe Glitch?
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 05:14:55 am »

Are you sure both hands aren't just grabbing the same knife? See if you can drop them on the ground separately or otherwise treat them as multiple items.

Yes I am sure both hands aren't holding the 'same' knife (well, they are, but you know...). They show up separately on the "Attack" menus. Two separate knives with two separate stab and slash attacks. They do recombine into one knife if you drop or "put" them somewhere. I didn't get a chance to try throwing before I was killed. More testing forthcoming.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
[/quote]

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 05:28:08 am »

I think this is less of an item duplication glitch, and more the fact that you're being allowed to interact with the same item in multiple ways at a time. Either way, it's a problem.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 05:29:37 am »

I think this is less of an item duplication glitch, and more the fact that you're being allowed to interact with the same item in multiple ways at a time. Either way, it's a problem.

I think if I sold "both" at once, I could sell it twice. But the stealing from peasants precludes testing that.
[/quote]

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 07:54:28 am »

so a creature can stab you with his upper left hand or his lower left hand using 1 knife.
and he just removing the knife from one hand to another.

not much a Dupe glitch like the rest say but a lack of explaining the process of attacking.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 08:00:54 am »

so a creature can stab you with his upper left hand or his lower left hand using 1 knife.
and he just removing the knife from one hand to another.

not much a Dupe glitch like the rest say but a lack of explaining the process of attacking.

Except that in the inventory list it says you have two. Not one in "multigrasp", but two.
[/quote]

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 09:19:45 am »

Just a minor glitch/twitch...you still only have one of those items, it just confuses the game a bit. Been seeing it with my custom reactions way too much so I wasn't really bothered (Basically I made it that one reaction makes several kinds of items, it saves ingredients + I'm more on "having fun" rather than overall "accuracy").

[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 05:09:40 pm »

Just a minor glitch/twitch...you still only have one of those items, it just confuses the game a bit. Been seeing it with my custom reactions way too much so I wasn't really bothered (Basically I made it that one reaction makes several kinds of items, it saves ingredients + I'm more on "having fun" rather than overall "accuracy").
*snip*

I had that problem too when I made an adamantine-conjuring reaction in 31.12.  Every object was copied about 4 times, but when I tried to drop or wear it the extras disappeared.

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 08:12:15 pm »

Tested it in the arena; dropping one of the 'duplicate' items does indeed cause them all to leave the inventory.  Also the game crashed the first time I tried to test it, possibly as a result of being stabbed in the head by a knife I was holding onto with 3 hands.
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2010, 10:16:43 pm »

Far as using duped items goes, if you have copies of an artifact weapon in each hand, then you can attack with each copy seperately. If one of them gets stuck, then you can continue to use the other without problems. If you drop one of the copies, then it disappears instantly, but the other copy will remain. The copies share the same kill history as well even if one of the weapons is used only in special circumstances.

I haven't tried selling one to see what happens, but my guess is that it'd disappear rather than remaining in the shop.