Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Oh, crap! It's my sister's birthday tomorrow!  (Read 1290 times)

Supermikhail

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dwarf Of Steel
    • View Profile
Oh, crap! It's my sister's birthday tomorrow!
« on: December 04, 2010, 08:44:39 am »

Help! You know, how it goes (or hopefully don't). I've been putting this off in my head, and today for some reason thought it was one day off, an eternity to get something. And blam, it's tomorrow. And now it's almost 5 p.m.

So, I lack a present. And I lack money. And I lack much time.

On the plus side, I've been somewhat active in the Creative Projects, which means I could probably draw something, in pencil, or even pastel, I could even musicise some simple piece using computer. Or I could write something.

The problem is, I don't have a clue what she would want. I've recently drifted apart with almost everyone except Bay12 and maybe one or two of my fellow students. I know she watches art-house movies. Well, I can't buy a copy of one. She's kind of a grunge person, and listens a lot to heavy alternative music, which my computer midi is terrible at. Oh, and she's at her third and final year at her college where she studies English (we're Russian) to teach it.

So, any ideas?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 03:26:25 pm by Supermikhail »
Re: Oh, crap! It's my sister's birthday tomorrow!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 09:46:20 am »

So, right, you've got no money to buy something with, no present to give her and no time to make one? :p

Damn, man, you're fucked.

Maybe torrent and burn her some movies or something?
The Ashikaga Dynasty - A Europa Universalis 3 Let's Play - Sadly Cancelled Due To Bugs

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 09:51:05 am »

Borrow money.
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

Supermikhail

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dwarf Of Steel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 09:53:41 am »

I meant I don't have a lot of time. I could make her something, but I've got no ideas. There's a lot of problems with torrenting her a present, not the least of which is that if she wanted something torrented she has already done it.

PenguinOverlord: Suppose. What should I buy?
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 10:09:33 am »

Perfume, clothes, something useless but sentimental.
The Ashikaga Dynasty - A Europa Universalis 3 Let's Play - Sadly Cancelled Due To Bugs

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 10:09:36 am »

What does she like?
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

Supermikhail

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dwarf Of Steel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2010, 10:17:46 am »

She likes eating potato chips with her boyfriend and another friend in her room in the dead of night while laughing hysterically together. Hanging out on a Russian social network. Going to gatherings of disputable cultural merit with her friends. Like I said, watching some Art-house movies, or something like that, with which I'm not too familiar. She also likes Chuck Palaniuk and Philip Dick... Err.

Supermikhail

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dwarf Of Steel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2010, 10:21:40 am »

Also, I'd much rather make something. And it's not like there's a lot of time to either buy something or borrow money. And who am I going to borrow from? Bay12? While I've got all night for DIY.

Supermikhail

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dwarf Of Steel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2010, 11:33:05 am »

Well, there's something else to work off - she's just moved into a room that was previously occupied by our now deceased grandmother; and she's made some radical changes to the decor. Namely, now the ceiling is reddish-brown, the walls are white and the curtains are violet. Maybe I could draw something that would fit in. Like, a psychedelic rose. Although, I'm not sure what a psychedelic rose may look like.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2010, 01:03:35 pm »

She likes eating potato chips with her boyfriend and another friend in her room in the dead of night while laughing hysterically together.

Get her a dimebag?

Supermikhail

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dwarf Of Steel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2010, 01:10:55 pm »

Err. I'm not sure where to get that, besides... I don't think that's why they laugh... Or, if you think about... They go to smoke outside from time to time... Anyway, I don't know anything about these things, so I think I'll try to draw something psychedelic.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2010, 01:33:54 pm »

Sucks to be you. I don't have to worry about this shit yet.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.