Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: 2011 Predictions  (Read 4951 times)

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Predictions
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2011, 02:55:17 pm »

Slaves to Armok, God of Blood: Dwarf Fortress: Duke Nukem: Duke Nukem Forever: The Human with the +balls of steel+
The animated series .

DO IT!!
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

DrunkDorfPally

• Bay Watcher
  • "Mess wi' meh booze n' die!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2011, 07:36:53 pm »

Slaves to Armok, God of Blood: Dwarf Fortress: Duke Nukem: Duke Nukem Forever: The Human with the +balls of steel+
The animated series .

DO IT!!

DO IT NAUGHHHHH!!!!!!
Lemme introduce yer ta me friends: righty axe and lefty axe. They want ta kiss yer bloody face!
Lemme, AXE you a question!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2011, 12:29:42 am »

Let it be so...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2011, 01:35:02 am »

Nah. Dwarf Fortress 2.0 will be so well optimized that it can be run on a calculator.

There is no Dwarf Fortress 2.0.  When it comes out, we realize that the world we live in was Dwarf Fortress 2.0 all along.

Rob Roy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2011, 02:37:41 am »

There is no Dwarf Fortress 2.0.  When it comes out, we realize that the world we live in was Dwarf Fortress 2.0 all along.
Couldn't be. Not enough hairy drunks threatening elves with magma cannons.

optimumtact

• Bay Watcher
  • I even have sheep
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2011, 03:31:55 am »

Or it could be  :o that would make toady god, quick to the atheist redux thread !
alternately, I could just take some LSD or something...

PLANKS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2011, 06:02:29 am »

It's a little late to be posting predictions, but whatever. I have looked into my !crystal glass window!, and seen the future of Dwarf Fortress. Crytek will cut a deal with Toady. Dwarf Fortress will be developed on the Crysis engine to ensure that they will have a published game with system requirements beyond the scope of any high end home computer. The forums will be deluged with pictures of the new ideal Dwarf Fortress hardware setup: a garage packed with clustered high end machines, commercial rooftop cooling systems jury-rigged to compensate for massive over-clocking, and secondary power generators to compensate for the local grid's inability to meet their power needs. After a spate of garage fires the game will be outlawed in most countries, but find a new home in Russia. Dwarf Fortress Crysis will become that nation's unofficial past time, and the influx of foreign immigrants eager to get their Dwarf Fortress fix legally will significantly boost their economy. Eventually the US will "find" evidence of WMD's in Russia and invade, but by then it is too late. The combination of large numbers of clustered computing networks and advanced AI algorithms will give birth to new machine-based life. The war between man and machine will be bloody, but at the last moment a hero appears with a plan to defeat the machines. After several gratuitous fight scenes, love scenes, and a fight/love scenes(who knew a dildo could be a weapon and a toy in a PG-13 setting?) the hero and comrades manage to set the machine's booze stockpile on fire and save Earth. The hero is then cryogenically frozen in case something vaguely similar happens, but not his comrades because that would cost too much money for the sequel next catastrophe. Happy New Year.

This is pure liquid wonderment..

madciol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2011, 09:15:30 am »

Okay guys, but seriously, what will be in 2011? I predict that caravan arc will barely be finished by end. So army arc NET (not earlier then) 2012. I predict plethora of new bugs. I predict new ludicrous and epic (and sometimes both) stories. I predict more sponsorship projects - I propose bug sponsorship, maybe THEN Toady will have motivation to take it more serously.

nordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2011, 11:06:08 am »

Toady will be like Mr House in Fallout New Vegas!
Does that mean that Toady is a pickled brain that controls a vast army of securitrons?
Exerpt from townbrush.txt by Internet Kraken:

"Nobody wants to live in Townbrush, and for good reason. Almost everyone that has come to Townbrush has been eaten, stabbed, crushed, drowned, hacked, incinerated, or beaten to death with an octopre skin backpack. When we're not under siege, we're being attacked by Forgotten Beasts. And when we're not being attacked by Forgotten Beasts, there's probably a zombie whale crushing someone to death in the dining room."

godisdead132

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven B.L.T. Beer Liquor and Tantrums
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2011, 12:54:22 pm »

DF 2.0 will be like that episode of stargate atlantis where they end up controlling two villages.
may your lånem nentuk & zodost i hope your rÜsh is dezrem & serkib
1. Start DF
2. Mainline Whiskey untill it all makes sense (even dwarven behavior)
3. Pass Out.

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2011, 12:56:04 am »

Let it be so...

FUND IT!

Also I funded it myself!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 01:19:45 am by PsyberianHusky »
Thank you based dwarf.
Pages: 1 2 [3]