Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: It moves it's will in accordance with the truth of things  (Read 1632 times)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: It moves it's will in accordance with the truth of things
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2010, 11:14:43 pm »

An emaciated Forgotten Beast appeared in my cavern, but I'm in an Untamed Wilds alignment, it think.

Johnny Madhouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2010, 12:14:57 am »

Really, I think Titans are doing a fairly good deed when they wipe out a Dwarf Fortress. We really don't play as the 'good guys'.
Useless migrants go the Culling Burrow.

PWRFLSTRGN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2010, 10:07:06 am »

oh he was willing to fight back, there was page after page of side-stepped swipes, thanks to my military's absurd dodging skills. Honestly they practice bitching out more than they practice fighting.

edit: If he had been captured by my cage traps i would have tried to make him tameable. i envisioned the pit with the smoky cave entrance and the vicious rabbit from monty python...

Huh.  I recall hearing good aligned titans were supposed to be peaceful; did it start the fight, or did you?

well, he pathed straight into my fort, I didn't make the call until he walts'd past my entrance traps and into the courtyard. I'm pretty sure i took the first swing but there was no way i was letting him stick around without submitting to a cage or chain.

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2010, 11:19:55 am »

Antennae = UFO!

OMG, Mulder was right!
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2010, 11:32:27 am »

Apparently, DF agrees to moral relativism and the irrelevance of "good" and "evil".
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

Korva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2010, 03:41:40 pm »

I had one of those "aura of kindness" ones too and thought it would be peaceful. It wasted no time proving me wrong by making a beeline for a hauler and punting him clear across a third of the map. He narrowly missed the magma vent. Thankfully it was a rather wussy titan and the militia hacked it apart nicely. I bet the "aura" was just a trick which it used to lull its victims into a false sense of security.

Interesting list of traits and which biomes probably spawn them, thanks.
Pages: 1 [2]