Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Misanthrope  (Read 767 times)

Glanzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Misanthrope
« on: December 03, 2010, 08:57:19 am »

So I got sick of only fighting goblins all the time and decided that I wanted to provoke the humans into sieging me.
It isn't as easy as I thought it would be though. I seized all the good items the first human caravan had and murdered their caravan guards but they still came back to trade the following year.
What more do I have to do to piss them off? Is it even still possible to get them to attack? I think I remember that it was a lot easier a few versions ago.

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Misanthrope
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 09:02:25 am »

It should still be possible, though i guess if you've been trading normally with them for a bit you've built up some goodwill and they are overlooking your banditry.

Just keep flaying every human to enter the map and im sure they'll get angry sooner or later.

Do humans still bring diplomats/liaisons?  I know they used to since they would scope out your traps and any later seigers + mounts would be immune to any trap the diplo had seen.  Assuming they do then killing those off is probably a bigger black mark than just killing traders.
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 09:43:21 am »

Try killing your expedition leader. The diplomat will instantly leave unhappy.

absynthe7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 09:54:04 am »

If their diplomat dies (he starts coming once you are a Barony) they are likely to immediately declare war. That's what happened to me when the human law-giver decided to play with some skeletal camels.

Glanzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 09:58:05 am »

No.
If their diplomat dies (he starts coming once you are a Barony) they are likely to immediately declare war. That's what happened to me when the human law-giver decided to play with some skeletal camels.
I will do that. Thanks!

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 01:19:28 pm »

Exp. Leader: *horribly crushed under three layers of basalt*

Humans: TO BATTLE!!!!!
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.