Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: **Signups**Brutal - A classic fantasy RPG, except you play the monsters.  (Read 4921 times)

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: **Signups**Brutal - A classic fantasy RPG, except you play the monsters.
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2012, 07:50:17 am »

Well, I'd be interested in trying this again. I even still have my old shadow character from before. Though, I'm wary of trying to run that character based on fear and a sense of supernatural that is so subjective. At least I think that was why I quit before, been quite a while.

I haven't looked over the changes here since the last time I played, but I am happy to hear we will be using Roll20. I prefer maptools, but having icons and a map and such contained with a chat is a great boon to these types of games.

I'll keep an eye on the thread for now, and hopefully when time zones are banged out, and when exactly this occurs I can make up a new character sheet and be ready to play.

Edit: wow, after some searching here in the forums, it's been over 2 years since I played this. Here are the two threads if anyone is curious:
Story: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=51382.0
Character Creation: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=51115.15

The logs of the 'game sessions' are particularly interesting. Though I can hardly believe that we did everything through AiM of all things. that just seems extremely limited and a pain to how I've become used to the resources of maptools, roll20 and the like. Though after reading these a bit, I am so not making a fear based character again. The shadow was a great concept, but in practicality it was heavily lacking.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 09:08:48 am by Haika »
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2012, 10:45:11 am »

Good news! I FINALLY managed to find all my old Brutal resources! Progress is going pretty well on the update even without that, but having access to the expanded bestiary means we now have:

A pile of art resources
A complete ruleset
An extended bestiary of monsters with rules and movesets very very close to the modern version (instead of my current work of trying to pull things over from four versions ago), which remains the remainder of the work will come over much quicker.

I'll also probably start a new thread once it's ready to go, but I will make sure to note those who have already signed up.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 10:49:45 am by GlyphGryph »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2012, 11:09:41 am »

If there's still room, I'd probably join.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]